Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• struggling with Otoole family from Bootle ,Liverpool

Hiya.....trying to help a scouse mate
    James and Mary O`toole came to Liverpool from Dublin and lived in Bootle, Liverpool 5 daughters....all believed to have passed on..Veronica was the youngest...
    Mary
    Margaret
    Ann-Annie
    Catherine-Kathleen
    Veronica his grandmother b 17th Feb 1913 ......can`t find this on freebmd....
    Mary the mother supposedly died abt 1918 giving birth to a boy who also died...
    3 girls were sent to Nazareth House Convent ...Veronica was sent to live with her Aunt Sarah, Marys sister..don`t know what happened to the other sister.
    James is supposed to have re-married 6 weeks later, but he says he doesn`t know how true that was...
    Struggling to find the birth of Veronica O Toole 1913......I`ve looked 1911-1915....nothing...
    If anyone has any time today I would appreciate any advice or help....allan;)
    Last edited by garstonite; 15-05-10, 08:51.
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Good morning Allan,

This looks like the one -

Veronica O'Toole
    Apr-May-Jun
    Mother's Maiden Name: Redmond
    District: West Derby
    County: Lancashire
    Volume: 8b
    Page: 620

Jane

Comment

Thanks Jane.....I`ll have a look on lancsbmd now I know it`s the right year.....I thought he may have the wrong info , as I couldn`t find it on freebmd...where did you find that ?......allan
      Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

It was on Ancestry.

Jane

Comment

Thanks Jane.....nothing on Lancsbmd......could you possibly confirm whether the sistersw are Ann -Annie and Catherine- Kathleen please.....so i can try and find the family before Veronicas birth...He tells me that Veronica is the youngest....but in case he is wrong and any are born after Veronica, there`s a possibility they are alive....if any dates are after 1913 would you please PM me any details.....thanks very much....allan

Comment

Hi - few poss's for Mary - Deaths Mar 1918 O'Toole Mary E 45 W.Derby 8b 433
            Deaths Jun 1916 O'Toole Mary A 42 W.Derby 8b 481

These both show on FreeBMD with a Redmond mother..
            Births Sep 1911
            O'TOOLE ***** W.Derby 8b 679 (male)
            Births Jun 1913
            O'Toole W.Derby 8b 620 (as per Jane's info)

Do you know Mary's maiden name or if she had an initial?
            Last edited by naomiatt; 15-05-10, 08:43.

Comment

the birth sep 1911 was Denis died same quarter 8b 580
              Jayne

My avatar is great great granny Annie Pugh, possibly christened 24 Feb 1858.

Comment

This is very strange...NO RESULTS shows up for me with OToole Redmond.....why ??.....allan

Comment

Sorry, I'm finding too many of all the other names to know which belong to James & Mary (all before mmn is shown of course). I can give you a list if you think it will help at all.

The only birth I've found with the same mmn is Denis born 1911!!!

Jane

Comment

Marriage on freebmd
                    James O'Toole to Margaret J Sutcliffe mar 1919 West Derby 8b 711
                    Jayne

Comment

Originally posted by garstonite View Post
                      This is very strange...NO RESULTS shows up for me with OToole Redmond.....why ??.....allan
                      Are you typing O'Toole with the apostrophe...
                      Ancestry® helps you understand your genealogy. A family tree takes you back generations—the world's largest collection of online family history records makes it easy to trace your lineage.

Comment

Hi ...no ...didn`t have the mothers maiden name ( Mary ) He believes Mary died in childbirth 5 years after his grandmother Veronica was born...so 1918....it`s all family say so..so Jayne- does that Denis b 1911 have Redmond as MMN ?.....
                        as you can imagine Veronica was the baby of 5 when Mary died and they were all split up;;;3 in a Convent(doesn`t know which 3 ) - Veronica to Sarah who was Marys sister and he doesn`t know where the other sister ( or which one it was ) went....this is why I am trying to help him....allan

Comment

Originally posted by naomiatt View Post
                          Are you typing O'Toole with the apostrophe...
                          http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl
                          No ....should I ??.....allan

Comment

Originally posted by garstonite View Post
                            No ....should I ??.....allan
                            Yes...Denis and Veronica come up then..both showing Redmond as the mother..

Comment

Originally posted by Breckland Jane View Post
                              Sorry, I'm finding too many of all the other names to know which belong to James & Mary (all before mmn is shown of course). I can give you a list if you think it will help at all.

The only birth I've found with the same mmn is Denis born 1911!!!

Jane
                              No Jayne...that`s fine...I just wanted to know that he didn`t have the wrong info....making sure that there`s no possibility of any being alive.......allan

Comment

Marriage on freebmd
                                James O'Toole sep 1893 Liverpool 8b 293 to

Mary Ellen Redmond

so the death mar 1918 West Derby age 45 Mary E O'Toole looks to me the most likely one
                                Jayne

Comment

You are all so fabulous...and I`m a silly custard for not putting the apostrophe in......thank you all....I will pass on this info now and try and get some feedback....superb result for him....thank you all....allan

Comment

Originally posted by naomiatt View Post
                                    Yes...Denis and Veronica come up then..both showing Redmond as the mother..
                                    for the record , when I put in the apostrophe it comes up....INVALID SURNAME....So I`m still puzzled....
                                    I was trying to see if James and Margaret had any children.....obviously they could be alive , but I was trying to find any to let my mate know.....allan
                                    Last edited by garstonite; 15-05-10, 09:45.

Comment

That's odd Allan - works OK for me - just tried FreeBMD although I had been using Ancestry.

Just to let you know, Ive being trying to find them on a census but no luck so far.

Jane

Comment

re census - i can't find them either
                                        Jayne

Comment

Working...
                                        X