Can anybody read French ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anybody read French ?

I cannot find the English version of this marriage and would love to know the parents names of Georgina Auger who marries John Bremner
    Thanks

A bit rusty but it is the marriage between John Bremner, protestant son of John Bremner and Rosa Ann Purcell(?) and Georgine Auger, catholic, daughter of Auger (no first name) and Adelaide Shephard in the presence of Jacques Dion friend of the groom and Josephine Auger sister of the bride. I think.

Linda
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

thanks very much Linda much appreciated , wonder why it does not say the fathers name ??

Comment

It says at the beginning that the Archbishop of Quebec, Monsignor Elzéar-Alexandre Taschereau, granted dispensation for the couple to marry, the marriage otherwise being prohibited by law. I wonder if the bride and groom were related or something?
        Last edited by Mary from Italy; 15-05-10, 21:08.

Comment

really Mary ??? thank you very much for that I hated French at School still do hate languages.
          According to the info I have the Groom was only 13 ???? and she was 20 ?? seems odd ??? maybe thats why ???.

Comment

Working...
          X