Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed finding Sarah.

Hi,

I have recently received my 4x gt Grandmothers, Rebecca Ward, birth certificate which names her parents as Thomas Ward and Sarah Ward formely Hough.

I have tried to find a marriage record for Thomas and Sarah but unfortunately, I can't seem to find one.

I am also struggling to find Sarah on the 1841 census.

From the 1861 to 1891 census records Sarah's birth place is given as North Scarle Lincolnshire and her year of birth varies from 1827-1832.

I have found a baptism on Freereg for a Sarah Hough baptised 30th August 1829 parents Robert and Anne.

I think I have found sarah on the 1851 as Sarah Hoff, but I just can't seem to find her on the 1841. :(

Any help in trying to find her would be truly appreciated.

Regards

Kelly.

there is a Sarah Hough born 1830 with parents James and Ann in 1841 living in Lincolnshire the father is a Brewers Labourer
    not found one with those parents yet

Comment

Hi Val,

I did find that Sarah as well, she was baptised 30th August 1829 in Stamford Lincolnshire parents James and Ann.

I can't seem to find a Sarah with Robert and Ann.

Comment

I just have and pmd you

Comment

Hi Val,

Thank you for your help.

Sarah is listed as sarah Kragh on ancestry! The image does look like it says Hough.

Thank you for your help, I would never of found them!

Kelly.

Comment

I am always surprised by the difference in FMP and Ancestry transcriptions.

Comment

I wouldn't of dreamed that Hough could be mistranscribed as kragh, so I would never of found them.

Just need to try and find Robert Hough on the 1851 now.

I think I have found Ann on the 1851 living in Yorkshire with son Robert.

I think Robert and Ann had two children in North Hykeham Lincs, Robert born 1824 and Ann born 1826.

Robert junior and his mother Ann are together on the 1851.

I haven't been able to find Ann junior on the 1841, so I don't know if she died or is mistranscribed.

Kelly.

Comment

there are quite a few deaths for a Robert Hough between the 1841 census and 1851 ?

Comment

Hi Val,

Just looked at the deaths, although on the 1851 Ann is listed as married, but that doesn't mean Robert hadn't died.

Comment

I cannot find her in 1851 ?

Comment

Hi Val,

On ancestry she is listed as Ann Hoff born 1788 Yorkshire, Living in Catcliffe Yorkshire. Ann and her son are listed as married but Robert senior isn't with them and Robert Juniors wife isn't with them?

Comment

sorry no luck

Comment

Hi Val,

Thank you for looking for me.

I will have another look to see if I can find him. I have found a death record for a Robert Hough in Grantham Lincolnshire 1857, Roberts daughter sarah was living in Grantham at this time, so I wonder if this is Roberts death record.

Kelly.

Comment

hope its the right one

Comment

Working...
                            X