do you remember.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do you remember.....

.......me asking a few months back about the date of a photo as i hoped it 2 particular people in it?

well from the dating on here it put the photo about 20-25yrs too late for it to be who i hoped.

anyway, i knew this photo was my family as on the back it said "lackey family west rainton" - my maiden name and where the family lived until the 1960's. the puzzle was who it was. this puzzle has been partly solved!!!

i sent a copy of the photo to the local family history group for west rainton, and the lady took it round to the older people in the village - 2 of the aged 80+ men were able to confirm that 1 of the men is my dad's uncle and the elderly couple (who i hoped were 2nd gret grandparents) were actually 1 gret grandparents, 1 of the men thinks that the "teenage looking girl" is dads aunt "peggy". this tells me its a "family" pic as cecil and peggy were siblings.

this answers most of the questions regarding it, HOWEVER, the baby in the picture is still a total puzzle (its a christening) as is the lady holding it and a few others - again i think they could be siblings but not sure.

the photo was dated at about 1938-1945, there was only 4 babies born in this date (that i know of!!!), 1 died at 4hrs old in peterborough - it takes 5+hrs to get from here to west rainton, so not this 1. my dad was born in this time scale (in summer - they are in short sleeves) so it is possible, the other 2 were born in newcastle and didnt really have much to do with the family in west rainton, and i have spoken to 1 of these and she is 99.9% certain her parents are not in the picture therefore she says its not her or her sisters christening.

none of the ladies (especially 1 holding baby) look like the pics i have of dads mum, so i really dontknow.

BUT as i put above - at least sone have been identified.
    **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/
Working...
X