Urgent Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Help Please

I dont know whether its coincidence or not but after downloading recuvva , I lost all my stuff in the pc even the symbols on the log in page . finally sorted it.
    It just happened again ,all of sudden my toolbar disappeared along with all but the ancestry page I was on then that disappeared too and I had a blank screen??? just uninstalled recuvva and did a system restore back to before I installed it but am very worried now, any ideas please?

hi Val

I doubt your problems are to do with Recuva I've used it for quite a long time now and never had any problems. Your problem sounds like it could be a hardware or a driver issue ?

You could get an idea of what happened from the event viewer log click here
    Regards Roy

Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

Disclaimer:Benig distalgeesic ayn seplling mitsakes or incorrcet garmmar is puerly conicidnetal nad ni no way reflcets teh inetlligecne of teh authro.

Comment

thanks Roy but when I clicked on that everything froze ??? is there anything else I can do ??? thanks

Comment

Hi Val,

We are a pair! I have just opened my GMail only to find that the three emails I had left to read later was just empty even the one I had viewed - a blank section of the screen. A mystery and they are not in the bin either.

I think the time has come to bin this PC and move on as I spend all my time sorting it instead of using it for the purpose intented.
        Margaret N
        DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

how old is yours Margaret ??

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
            thanks Roy but when I clicked on that everything froze ??? is there anything else I can do ??? thanks
            As i said pretty sure it was just a coincidence you were clicking on recuva at the time things went pear-shaped. There are so many things that would cause a problem like this, the link i gave you would perhaps indicate as to the possible cause.
            Regards Roy

Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

Disclaimer:Benig distalgeesic ayn seplling mitsakes or incorrcet garmmar is puerly conicidnetal nad ni no way reflcets teh inetlligecne of teh authro.

Comment

thanks again Roy but that link made it freeze, not the recuvva one I managed to do that okay it was when I closed the recuvva programme the pc went wrong .

Comment

Hello Val,

My PC is just two years old and is a Desk Top but nothing special. It seems so slow these days but I have very few add on's. Rarely downloaded anything.
                It is things like IE7 that keep flicking up and while typing this for no known reason. Or if searching I get IE cannot display this page but that maybe something to do with Talktalk as my neighbour has the same problem.
                Going to look at a Sony Laptop this week and a friend is going to bring her AppleMac Laptop round for me to have a go on.
                I can never make my mind up so will probably never get round to buying anything.
                Margaret N

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

I wouldnt have thought your pc was too old sounds like it needs a looking at or a talking too, I am on talktalk and dont have those problems, although this last week I keep losing my internet ???

Comment

I lost internet connection three evenings running this last week, most unusual. I am on Tesco.

Also having strange problems, on and off, with Outlook Express. Mine is 6 years old and apart from not enough memory, generally still gives good service.

Ice

Comment

thats interesting Ice , I wonder why ??? its been driving me mad this week

Comment

Hi Val,

I have just complained with thousands of others to Talktalk about the loss of Internet Explorer Cannot Be Displayed and apparantly FireFox is the same as it is the actual Internet Connection.

Why we are all in the same state I am not certain but wonder if our telephone lines cannot manage the volume now. I have contacts who are with other ISP's and have the problem but Talktalk are by far the worst. Will PM you.
                        Margaret N

Comment

Thanks for that Margaret very interesting, will reply tomorrow after I have spoken to them.

Comment

Remember, Talktalk use the BT telephone lines, so it could ne the line and not Talktalk at fault.

Researching:
                            FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Trevor,

I live one road away from the exchange and it was upgraded only two years ago. This problem has never happened before still I will see how it goes now that I have complained.

Main problem is that I can never find my Threads again on the Talktalk members Forum even though I subscribe to them some appear and others do not.

Thank you for replying to us all when we are moaning and groaning.
                              Margaret N

Comment

Working...
                              X