Hughes marries Hughes - Wales.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hughes marries Hughes - Wales.

Trying to search ancestors of Rowland Gordon Hughes b 1917 Penmaenmawr, nr Conway, died 1999 Derbyshire. He had 2 older brothers 1) Hugh 2) John William. Their parents were William Hughes of Bronydd Isaf and Ellen Hughes of Llanllechid, this is was has been related to me.

I managed to find William and Ellens' marriage record 8th Jan 1913 which has the following information
    (please excuse any mis-spelt names, reading from handwritten papers)

William aged 32 Bach. Occupation: Husbandman on Farm. Resident Tre Aserth, Llangaffo. Father Robert Hughes - Dealer in Farm Produce

Ellen aged 32 spinster. Occ: Housemaid-Waitress. Res: Dinam Hall ?, Llangaffo. Father John Hughes (deceased) Farm Labourer

Witnesses: Edwin Owen Jones and Barbara Jones

Marriage took place Moriah South Penrallt, Rites and Ceremonies of the Calvinistic Methodist.

If anyone is able to give me any information relating to either of these two I would be very grateful

Thanks for your time,
    Last edited by belgiumbird; 09-05-10, 12:36.
    Glenda

Hi
    I think this is William Hughes in 1911
    WILLIAM HUGHES Exact Year of birth1881. Relationship to Head (who is THOMAS WILLIAMS born c1834) SERVANT, Place of birth ANGLESEY.
    Residence TREASERTH, LLANGAFFO. Caernarvon, Caernarvonshire.

If you get some credits for the 1911 census it may tell you exactly where he was born.
    I found Thomas Williams in 1901 but William was not working for him then
    Moggie

Comment

Hi Moggie
      Yes I agree with you it must be the William Hughes i'm looking for, everthing seems to fit. 1911 Census states he was born in Anglesey Llanphangel Esceifiog, although i'm not sure where that is i'm afraid as my knowledge of Wales is very little. I did put Llanphangel into a map and ended up in Powys which seems to far away!!

Thank you very much .... Onward and upward!

Glenda
      Glenda

Comment

Ive come acroos this before..thats how I know

mm

Comment

Probably Llanfihangel Ysceifiog in Anglesey. Google for more.
          ~ with love from Little Nell~
          Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Working...
          X