Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Research help with Ann Lake

Hi everyone,

Would anyone be able to help me research an ancestor named Ann Lake?

The details Ihave about her are:
    • b. 1806-8, Cripplegate or Whitechapel, London.
    • marriage: to Charles Apps 15 June 1828 St George in the East, Tower Hamlets, London (his second marriage, I believe. He was listed as a widower)
    • Lived in: Whitechapel 1851 and 1861 Census'
    • Children: Jane Apps b. 1845 (there were more children, Jane is a direct ancestor)
    • Died: Jan-Feb-Mar 1873 District it was registered in was Poplar, London.

Although it a reasonable amount of information, I am having a really hard time finding her parents.

I would be really grateful for any help anyone could give me

Thanks

Do you have access to Ancestry - where you can search the baptism records.

London, England, Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1538-1812

If you select City of London as the borough, and then choose the parish, e.g. St. Giles Cripplegate, then the year - you can view the actual parish register to see if you can see a possible baptism.
    Elaine

Comment

I'll move your thread over to the Research Qs and As forum where other members may be able to help you.
      The Research Request forum is for more specific research requests at Record Offices.
      Elaine

Comment

As Elaine said, the transcribed baptisms on LMA begin 1813 - to find a baptism 1806/8 you'll have to hunt through page by page.

It's frustrating trying to find London records because of the sheer numbers - a lot of mine come from the East End. There's nothing nicer than tracing a branch back to a small village with perhaps a dozen baptisms a year for a bit of light relief!

Comment

Working...
        X