Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you related to a Canada bound child migrant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you related to a Canada bound child migrant?

If so its not too late to submit your child's story for an anthology to be published later this year, you can also submit poems, articles, diary entries, you could write about your journey in searching, if you knew that home child you could put down your memories,

Do you have a story or poem to tell about your Home Child?

An Special Edition Anthology IV Book, to be published later this summer by Canadian Stories magazine, is a great opportunity for us to tell our stories and have them grouped together in one book, to acknowledge and honour our Home Children, and a wonderful keepsake and resource for 2010 Year of the British Home Child.

There is no limit for the length of your story and no deadline given yet.

You can include picture(s) which will be printed in black and white for the Anthology.

Please let me know if you are interested and I will give you the email addresses of those organizing it

George
    Last edited by George; 12-05-10, 18:25.
    Proud to be connected to Elizabeth (Marjorie) Griffin, one of over 100,000 British Home Children sent from United Kingdom to Canada & Australia to begin a new life.

George, can i have the email addy please....Thanks.
    Jacky

Comment

I would be grateful for the email address to please.

Ice

Comment

I would send a personal message to George as she's not presently online and may not have subscribed to this thread. She will then receive an email notification of that message.
        Last edited by Velma Dinkley; 12-05-10, 22:53. Reason: Apologies for referring to George as male :)

Comment

Thanks Velma, I have now done that.

Ice

Comment

I have the details is it okay to post them on here?

Comment

Val, I think it might be better leaving it for George to reply as there may be Terms and Conditions relating to submission that she may wish to explain.
              Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 12-05-10, 19:41. Reason: amendment!
              Elaine

Comment

the only reason I won't post the info publically is because email addresses need passing on to people who contact me and many sites don't allow email addresses to be placed on their message boards so it is better that I pm people.

also I am a female

the only tips I have been given via my contact who has arranged this anthology is that editor would like more longer stories, he has many short ones but not a lot of longer ones. Use a catchy title, make it interesting or emotional in some way, describe your research journey, how you found out, did your child have siblings, if so talk about if they found each other again and how, you could describe how and why your child went into care etc, photos, poems, articles etc can all be submitted, there is no deadline date as yet.

any questions feel free to message me or post here and I will try and answer, if I can't I will attempt to find the answer via my contact.

George
                Proud to be connected to Elizabeth (Marjorie) Griffin, one of over 100,000 British Home Children sent from United Kingdom to Canada & Australia to begin a new life.

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post
                  also I am a female
                  My apologies - I'll amend my post!
                  Elaine

Comment

Its ok I get it alot on here, Genes and the various mailing lists I belong to, its actually Georgina I just prefer my nickname

Comment

~~~~~~ waves to George, not seen you around for quite some time, hope you and your parents are keeping well.

Daphne
                      Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

Been watching from the wings you could say recently, we are all fine, got a little nephew now and another one coming later this year, been busy with work, amongst other stuff, should post more often really

Comment

for all interested the deadline date is July 1st

George

Comment

I need to make anyone who is thinking of submitting aware, that the anthology at the moment will sadly only be available to Canadian residents, but non-canadians can send stories, but at this point in time will not be able to buy a copy of the anthology once published but please do not let that put you off sending it in

George

Comment

Can you please send the email addy - I have a contact who had two little lads sent to Canada.

My fil went as a 15 yr old trainee farmer with the Sally Army so probably isn't what they're after.

Thanks

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Salvation army young emigrant stories are welcome as well, will PM you the info, ignore my last message, just been informed by a contact that they are working with the editor to find a way for international residents to purchase it,

George

Comment

the deadline date has now passed, my contact is just waiting to hear from the editor,

Just wanted to mention a new site which has gone live recently

Information for schools interested in the exhibition 'On their own - Britain's child migrants', a collaboration between the Australian National Maritime Museum and National Museums Liverpool, UK. The exhibition is supported by the National Collecting Institutions Touring and Outreach Program, an Australian Government program.

It is promoting the fact that there will be a child migrant exhibition beginning in Australia in November 2010 which will come to England next year. There is a message board on which they would like to hear from anyone who was affected by the schemes

I will definitely get myself to Liverpool next year to view the exhibition

George

Comment

nudging up as we have now hit 10, 000 in our BHC database on

If you have not yet added your child migrant then please consider doing it today, as the more children that get added/claimed by researchers the more the chance of connections being made between people who may have an interest in that child but are not aware of each other.

George

Comment

thanks for reminding me as I have found Brothers sent there now , wonder how many others of mine went there .

Comment

Hi George is there anyway of finding out if a child was sent to canada as an evacuee .
                                        While doing family research we have found out that my Dad had a sister that was born in 1942, there are no death records for her and no adoption .
                                        My dad was put on boat by his mother but he got off and was rescued by his grandma who was his guardian .
                                        There was another sister who was adopted who we have traced .
                                        But we can not find Sheila Ann can you help Thanks Denise

Comment

Working...
                                        X