Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harrocks in Liverpool

I am new to this but here goes.

I have hit a brick wall where my husbands family are concerned. last thing known is marriage of John Harrocks to Mary Pearson on 10th November 1800 in Liverpool St. Nicholas church.

Any ideas
    Last edited by Caroline; 08-05-10, 10:49.

Hi,
    I don't know if this is your Mary or not but the Lancs OPC site has a baptism entry for a Mary Pearson baptised 28 Aug 1774 at St Peters church, Liverpool. She was the daughter of Isaac Pearson, a Miller by trade.
    Emeltee

Comment

Hiya Chipmonk and welcome to FTF.....
      http://www.lan-opc.org.uk/Search/indexp.html this is a record of some lancashire babtisms / marriages burials which includes Liverpool.....unfortunately John Harrocks to Mary Pearson is not on there, but keep the site for future reference...
      the marriage is on www.familysearch.org.uk but there are no other details than you have already...
      post as much detail as you have regarding your husbands family and let`s see where we can start.....allan
      Last edited by garstonite; 09-05-10, 06:51.
      Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
      oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
      adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
      merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
      coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Hi, Thanks for this info sounds good will look into it.

Chipmonk

Comment

Hi Allan,

Thank you for this information. I have a copy of the marriage register so know it is right. The trouble is there are so many John Harrocks born about the same time that it is hard to know which is the right one.

Chipmonk

Comment

Any idea where they might have been buried..or some other close members of that family...you might find they're all in the same cemetery.

Comment

Hi sons were Edward born 27 Aug 1801 Liverpool and he married a Margaret Beesley and John who was born 13 April 1803 died 1863 and Isaac 23 Jun 1895 Walton on the Hill died 1875 He married a Margaret ?

Hope this helps. Thanks

Chipmonk

Comment

Hiya Chipmonk.......I live in Garston,Liverpool this is South Liverpool.......Walton is North Liverpool..........in the phone book there is one Harrocks in the North of Liverpool and on www.192.com you will aslo find this mans Phone entry....it also has 13 other records of Harrocks family.....
                http://www.yoliverpool.com/forum/sho...alton-District is a thread on Walton on www.yoliverpool.com register free and when accepted as a member you can browse the Walton thread and then post a request regarding the Harrocks family

they also have a people search thread
                The place for tracing your family history, contacting people and old friends. Our friendly experts are here to help!

good luck.....

Are you sure that Isaac Harrocks married a MARGARET ?? on Lan-opc AND Familysearch the only marriage for a Isaac Harrocks is to Nancy Simmons 1st May 1833 at St Peter church,Liverpool......and also you say Isaac was born 1895 ???? obviously a typing error...when was he born ?...
                This website is for sale! liverpoolhistoryprojects.co.uk is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, liverpoolhistoryprojects.co.uk has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

I would think Walton Cemetery would be where your Harrocks are buried, this site should help......allan
                Last edited by garstonite; 11-05-10, 08:25.
                Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
                oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
                adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
                merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
                coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Hi Allan,

I live in Worcestershire never been to Liverpool and yes it was a typing error should be 1805 - sorry.

Thanks for the reply and the sites I will go into them a bit later today and see what I can find.

This has been a brick wall for me for some time and I would love to knock it down.

Chripmonk

Comment

I think he was married twice, he married Margaret Baker in 1839. On the 1851 census there is a daughter Amelia born 1834 so I guess Nancy died.

John who married in 1800 was an Inn keeper in 1825 Chipmonk

Comment

Working...
                    X