FTM 2005 one file will not open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM 2005 one file will not open

I have about 20 files on my FTM 2005 but for a long time now when I try to open Reade I get a " boing " and a box telling me that it will not open as it is a newer version of FTM 2005 and to go to a website to update my version of 2005..

I have only ever used the one version of 2005 and all the others work fine..
    I do not wish to risk updating my version as I have a lot of files I would not risk losing all the work done
    Would rather start again with the Reades than lose 20 other files..

Has anyone else had this problem and have any idea how to open the file ?

you could join the FTM mailing list by emailing FTM-request@rootsweb.com with the word 'subscribe' without the quotes in the subject and the body of the message. They sort out all type FTM problems.
    >
    Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on
    http://mjfisher.tribalpages.com

Comment

Hi Colin,

If you would like to send the file to me I could see if it will open it in a newer version of FTM and then export a gedcom file which you could re-open in your version of FTM.

If you want me to try I'll send you my email address.
      Elaine

Comment

I go into my list of files... right click on Reade and then send to mail recipient.... if this is how I get my file to you then I would gladly accept your kind offer.
        Cheers

Comment

GEDCOM file on its way back to you!
          Elaine

Comment

Thank you Elaine...I was wondering what happened to my Winterbottom file but there it is...married into the Reade family but done before I kept a seperate file for each family.
            Information saved... just have to reconstruct at my leisure.

Comment

Glad it worked.
              Elaine

Comment

Working...
              X