X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death index lookup please post 1956

A bit of r&r in the library!!!!

Presumed this lady didn't remarry anyway
    Laura Chambers b 1886. Last known of alive and well in Lincoln 1956.

Thanks
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Hi Glen

I found 2 possible deaths IF she didn't marry:

Laura Chambers died Lothingland Suffolk 1967 aged 82

Laura Alice Chambers born 1886 died 1974 Peterborough

Liz
    my avatar is Emily Varndell Andrews,my paternal grandmother born 1891

Comment

Thanks Liz

Not sure if either of those are her unless she perhaps moved to/died in the Peterborough area, i'm not aware that she has a middle name but you never know.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Peterborough isn't too far away from Lincoln. Is it possible she died in hospital?
        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Hi Glen

there were I think 39 deaths for Laura Chambers but only those two had the right age and were after 1956.Hope that helps?

Liz
          my avatar is Emily Varndell Andrews,my paternal grandmother born 1891

Comment

Hi,

Looks like I have an early chance to help someone, after a member recently helped me break down my brick wall!

One of Lauras daughters was my Aunt Alice, so I can help you. She was born Laura Scarborough on the 27th September 1886 and her birth was registered in Lincoln.
            She married Edward Charles Chambers in 1909 and they had 12 children. He was killed in a work accident in 1951, and she married a Walter Pordham in the 4th quarter of 1955, aged 69.
            She died in Lincoln as Laura Pordham, and her death was registered in Lincoln in december 1990 aged 104.

I have some newspaper clipping scans collected over the years by her daughter Alice and passed over to one of my cousins after her own death, which I can email you if you message me with your email address.
            Researching my family with the surname Clive, and variations/mispellings Clives Cleve, Cleves, Cleeve, Cleeves from the Worcestershire and Wolverhampton areas. Especially various Mezey Clive characters!

Comment

Aha

I guess you must have been in touch with Harry at some point, i spoke with him at the weekend and he dubbed you a premier league researcher into our shared Chambers lines.

Lilly Louise Chambers b1888 was my grandmother, i chanced upon a press clipping or two into the inquest for Edward Charles and the press clippings commemorating his mother reaching the age of 100 in 1955. I can't access my master file or any of my documents at the moment (long story, ask Harry!!).

Interesting that Laura married at the time she did, i checked the electoral rolls for 58 Sibthorp St and it seems connected to the family for many years, probably back to 1902 and prior to that connected to the Palmer family. After 1956 and the death of Martha Thorbon Palmer (nee Elmer) the connections seem to stop but i can't say for sure now that they did, i simply noticed that the surname in '57 and beyond was no longer one of the usual Hay, Chambers, Grundy or Elmer families of days gone by.

Thanks for the info, i will send you a message with my e-mail addy.
              Last edited by Glen in Tinsel Knickers; 10-05-10, 13:58.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Working...
              X