Help needed please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed please

can anyone find a marriage between Herbert Dempster and Elizabeth Annie ( Anderson, nee parker.)

I have looked all thro ancestry, free bmd, lancashire bmd and cheshire bmd's

I have received her last marriage certificate this morning where she married William Wallace in 1907, she gives her surname as Dempster and is a widow, Herbert Dempster died 1906.

Samuel Anderson who she was also married to died 1898. age 64. she married him in 1892. Elizabeth was 39 on the 1911 census where she is with William Wallace, Elizabeth and Herbert Dempster had three children, William Herbert born 1898, Frances Annie born 1900 I have her birth certificate and Vincent aged 9 on 1911 census.

on frances birth certificate she just gives her surname as Dempster formerly Anderson. on William Bertie who I am assuming is my g.dad, born 1898 she states her surname is Dempster late Anderson formerly parker.

the births are all in w.derby.

I cant find any of them on the 1901 census for england, scotland and wales.

any help gratefully appreciated.

thanks
    jean

Hi, What is Elizabeth's father's name and occupation on the certificate? Who are the witnesses?

Margaret
    Last edited by margaretmarch; 06-05-10, 13:37.

Comment

hi margaret,

Elizabeth's father is John Parker (deceased) looks like occupation is Master Shoe Maker. witnesses are, William Harkett and Anne e Gargan

jean

Comment

Well, like you I can't seem to find anything that looks right, sorry.

Perhaps Elizabeth and Herbert didn't marry.

Margaret

Comment

Jean

Just to let you know that I have been looking for you with no luck at all.

Where did it say Elizabeth was born on 1911 as I'm not sure who I am looking for on earlier census for ref.

Do you think she perhaps forgot to marry Herbert? My ancestors seem to have forgotten quite a lot or got married after their offsprings had married!!
          Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

hi margaret, thanks for the help tho.

lin,

elizabeth was born in liverpool about 1862. Im beginning to think she didnt marry Herbert. It seems odd that the Dempster children were born while she was still married to Samuel Anderson, one child I could believe but to go on and have three with him. Ive been all over the place with the Dempster family, I still dont know if I have the right person, I have been given a lot of information by someone going back thro Herbert Dempster's line and there seem's to be a few coincidences for it not to be my family. If only I or someone could find them on the 1901 census somewhere.

sorry lin, Ive just done the years and if elizabeth was 39 in 1911 then she was born 1872.

jean

Comment

I would guess she left Samuel Anderson and lived with Herbert whilst having his children and then Herbert died before she could marry him!
              I looked for the son Samuel and did find one with a married father only but there were other children too which I don't think would be right unless he had children of his own before Elizabeth nmarried him. What do you know about the Anderson connection? perhaps if we could find something on that it might shed some light on what is a very puzzling case!!
              Margaret

Comment

the only thing I know about the anderson's is that he was married to elizabeth in 1892 and that samuel was her stepson on the 1911 census.

I find it funny that I cant find any of them on the 1901 census for all u.k. countries, I cant even find samuel anderson anywhere. I cant find her or the dempster children.

Comment

sorry cannot find anything plausible good luck

Comment

o.k val. thanks for trying tho.

jean

Comment

Working...
                    X