World Vital Records Why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Vital Records Why

When World Vital Records was announced last year i had a looksee and decided No. Why would I want to join another site when i already belong to Find My past and Ancestry? The site requested info to have the look see --- email address etc. I've had a couple of phone calls from them and a constant stream of emails which I trash. More important things to read. So my question is------- Have any of you joined WVR? Why did you join? Is it a useful site? Am I biting off my nose to spite my face by ignoring their constant requests? The family lines that I am interested in are mostly in England. Don't really care about the Dutch and Irish lines. OH's lines are also English with emigratings to Australia and Canada.
    Thanks for any insights.
    Donelda

searching for the Berkshire Hobbises, Rowles, Staniford, Rogers, Parkers, Thackhams, Gouts, LeBouviers, Heaphys and Wilsons

As you are already a subscriber to Find My Past you may be interested in this announcement.

Cheers
    Guy
    PS World Vital Records has a large database of English records supplied by Anguline Research Archives amongst other suppliers.
    Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

Guy

Thanks for that link .Very interesting as I also am a Findmypast subscriber as well as Ancestry World Wide and keep getting e mails to join World Vital Records at $60 but I really have no interest as I have searched the site and found nothing of interest to me that I cannot already find on the sites I belong to.

Janet

Comment

folowing on from this thread from a while back, does anybody use this site and have you subscribed is it any good and worthwhile? For example if I enter my name of " Chiddicks" a number of entry's are available but its a bit expensive just to find out that they are the same records that you already have from another source..............anymore views??
        My Family History Blog Site:

https://chiddicksfamilytree.com

Comment

We must be the lucky ones, we can access World Vital records for no cost, via our local library site, as our local government (City Council) subscribes to that one, and also to Library edition of Ancestry.com, but we can only access the Ancestry site by going to the library, whereas we can access the World Vital Records site from home, via the library website, and we have found lots of stuff appears to be missing, for example, we search for a census record and get a negative result, then somebody finds it for us on Ancestry, so WVR must have lots of gaps still to be filled.

Comment

i looked at world vital records before i signed up for findmypast in 09, and wasn't impressed. it is mainly for american's, and their family history, and i only have one relative i know of that went there. so it hasn't been a huge help.

Comment

I don't seem to be able to delete them I have tried,so I put them in Junk Mail, but once or twice a week I still get an "offer" from them. It was a good job I put my hotmail address in when I went to have a look
              Sheila
              I think, therefore I am. Descarte

Comment

Working...
              X