Can anyone find Annie Norah's birth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone find Annie Norah's birth

I thought I'd try once again to try and break down my brickwall concerning my paternal Grandmother Annie Norah Scott.
    I have her marriage cert: Married Alfred George Henry Russell 1886 at St.Mary & St. Michael R C Church, St. George in the East London. He was 26 and she was 23. Her father Thomas Scott (deceased).
    I have her death cert: 1923 Mile End Old Town, age 60.
    I have them on 1891,1901 and 1911 census.She was born St. Johns Wood Marylebone London
    My problem is, I can't find her birth or baptism records. With the records I have, her birth year is about 1863.
    I have found a family of Scotts in 1871 census (RG10 185 page 76) which I feel could be hers.
    The mother is Kate Scott, no father, daughter Anne age 8 and daughter Kate age 3.
    I have got daughter Kate's birth cert and the father is Thomas Scott. Mother , Catherine Scott formerly Burns. I've got Thomas Scott's death cert and he died in 1871 just before the census.
    Without Annies' birth cert I can't prove who her parents are.
    Annie and Alfred had 6 children and I have all their birth certs. On 5 of them Annie is Annie Norah Russell formerly Scott. On the other one she is formerly Webb. That is the only one that Alfred registered. I thought at first that it was a mistake but now I think her birth wasn't straight forward.
    I found a Anne Norah Webb born 1861 Marylebone but father is George Webb and mother Anne Norah Ryan.
    I also found Catherine Burns marrying William Webb 1861 Marylebone.
    I have been trying to solve this for about four years so it would amaze me if one of you clever people found some more info but how good that would feel.
    Thanks for reading it. Sorry it was so long.

June

Hi been looking for you but only thing i have noticed is
    in 1871 Kate age 39 born Limerick, Ireland perhaps Anne born there and brought over as a baby, or mother visiting parents when baby arrived?
    Jayne

My avatar is great great granny Annie Pugh, possibly christened 24 Feb 1858.

Comment

Thanks for that Jayne but according to the census, Annie was born in St. Johns Wood London.

June

Comment

Have you checked this one

Annie Webb
        1863 Oct-Nov-Dec
        Marylebone
        Volume 1a
        Page 437
        Elaine

Comment

Yes, that is the cert I have. Thanks for trying.

June

Comment

well I have been looking for you but no luck yet ,I was also trying to find a marriage between a Thomas Scott and a Catherine or Kate Burns but nothing there either so far???
            Have you managed to find anything likely ??

Comment

No I haven't found a marriage between Thomas and Kate, although she died in 1877 and she was named Catherine Scott on her death cert.

Comment

she might have waited to die till after 1881 ? I am about to give up maybe she wasnt registered ???

Comment

Hi - I wonder if she was taken in by the family and not their actual blood child, hence she shows as Webb on one of the birth certs...

Comment

I think that is a possibility Naomiatt. That's what I meant by not being a straight forward birth. After Catherine died in 1877 the two girls were obviously left orphans.
                    In the 1881 census I found a Kate Scott in St. Anns Catholic Orphanage for girls Marylebone. Annie was old enough to work and I think she was working and living with a family who had a Newsagents.
                    I never found out what happened to Kate. I don't know if she married or not.

Comment

Hi - do you know where any of the family are buried? Perhaps they could all be in the same cemetery??

Comment

I do know that Thomas Scott is buried in St. Marys Catholic cemetary Kensal Green.

Comment

Have you tried looking for any wills to see if they help?
                          Jackie

Comment

Thanks Jackie, I suppose I've always considered them too poor to have left a will, but it's worth a try.

Comment

Working...
                            X