Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a birth and death entry - totally stumped!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a birth and death entry - totally stumped!

Missing birth entry (no baptism either)

Charles Henry Rankin - according to census, born about 1877, parents are Elizabeth Southwood (1856 - ?) and Edward Albert Rankin. (1842 - 1878)

birth place varies from census to census - North Woolwich, South Woolwich, 1881, 1891, and 1901 ALL have him listed as Henry Rankin, and on a photocopied piece of paper that shows him on board a boat as a 'mate' , although he was a boiler makers labourer.....says he was born in Plumstead, Kent, and has his name as H. Rankin.

marriage certificate in 1901, aged 24 ..........under the name of Charles Henry Rankin

1911 census - he has written out the census sheet and listed his name as Charles Henry Rankin, but signed it H. Rankin........

i know for a fact that the Henry i found on 1881, 1891 and 1901 is definitely the right/same person, as on the 1901 census, the address is 74 Mary Street, West Ham....his eldest daughter was born at this address in 1902.....

Unable to find birth of baptism for this ancestor or his younger sibling, Frederick (listed as George. F. Rankin on 1881 census).....his 3 older siblings WERE all registered and baptised.....have these entries

Elizabeth Phyllis Rankin, (known as Phyllis) born 1902 in West Ham, daughter of Charles Henry Rankin and Ellen Lowe. Estranged from her parents and siblings, to be 'adoped' by and live with her grandmother's (Elizabeth Rankin nee Southwood) sister, Mary Ann Dummer (1851 - 1917) nee Southwood.....

Elizabeth occasionally visited her siblings and they all knew Phyllis was their sister, no one had any idea why she was 'adopted' out.

Phyllis married Maurice Hewson Wilkinson, in 1928 ....she was 26 and he was 51.....he died in Hastings, 1948 anged 71.......

Cannot find a death entry for Phyllis anywhere.....

i need some help....would be forever greatful if someone could find these, have been searching so long.....found 3 or 4 death entries for what i thought was Phyllis, but on receiving certificates, they aren't the right ones.....cannot find a re-marriage for her either or any children....

could this be her death??
    Phyllis Wilkinson
    born 16 March 1902
    died 1983
    Sept Quarter
    Burnley and Pendle Lancashire
    40 0944

Comment

there is a Phyllis Mary Wilkinson ???
      born 15 Aug 1902
      died Nov 1987
      Tunbridge Wells
      Kent

Comment

what about this one
        Phyllis Elizabeth Wilkinson
        born 26 Jun 1908
        Died Jun 1993
        Bedford
        Bedfordshire
        B34C
        3091B
        entry 4
        bearing in mind the person who registered the death could be wrong about the birth year?

Comment

Henry Charles Rankin
          June 1876
          Islington
          1B

Comment

Val

I was just going to say I had found that birth. Snap
            Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
              could this be her death??
              Phyllis Wilkinson
              born 16 March 1902
              died 1983
              Sept Quarter
              Burnley and Pendle Lancashire
              40 0944

this is a possibility.....my mums cousin said there was talk of her going up North....but he was under the impression it was much earlier, as he wasn't aware that she had married....

Comment

i dont remember seeing this one before so will check this out along with the other one above...ty

Comment

the bedfordshire one, i found that and sent for certificate, but it wasn't the right person :( ty tho

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                    Henry Charles Rankin
                    June 1876
                    Islington
                    1B
                    i have this certificate, not the right one....parents are completely different names, and there is also baptism entries on ancestry and familysearch for this person, very frustrating...ty tho

Comment

sorry Lin I'm usually the last LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Lin Fisher View Post
                        Val

I was just going to say I had found that birth. Snap
                        Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham - as you can see from above....my one of my ancestors was a Lowe.....born in liverpool......and from there, they spread all over the place :D

Comment

Working...
                        X