Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Canning Family

The Canning Family
    Hi, Im looking for any information on The Canning Family, who was from Rathcormac, County Cork.

Patrick Canning (Toberneigue) married Ellen Garvin (Glenagoul) in Rathcormac on 20th February 1870.
    Patrick was the son of William Canning (Canon St.) and Ellen was daughter of John Garvin (Glenagoul)
    Their children were:
    Anne 8-12-1870
    William 2-4-1873
    John 6-7-1875
    Ellen 24-8-1877
    James 24-4-1880
    Patrick 4-1-1883
    Maurice 7-5-1885
    Margaret 17-9-1887 Margaret married Edmond Barry in Rathcormac 9-4-1918
    Mary 22-12-1889
    Martin 12-01-1893
    Thomas 20-05-1897 Thomas married Sarah Harries in Sealyham (?) on 19th May 1941.
    There are a few branches of the Canning family still in Rathcormac. Jimmy Canning, now 86, lives in Barnahash, Rathcormac, and is still very active.

If you have any information on them, please get in touch. David.

Hi David - I don't have connections to the family, but have you found marriages for the children other than Margaret and Thomas?
    Do you think they stayed in the area?

Comment

Hi, I only got Marriages for Margaret and Thomas. All i know his that My Grandfather Thomas Moved to Pembrokeshire, West Wales around 1930 i think, and Married married Sarah Harries ( My grandmother) My father side of the family were to young to remember their father Thomas because Sarah died of TB age 33 in 1952 and my dad and and the other kids that Thomas and Sarah had were moved all over Pembrokeshire and did'nt get to know their father. The Canning family from Thomas has lived in Pembrokeshire ever Since. David

Comment

Working...
      X