Help with my Gibsons please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with my Gibsons please...

I have the following monumental inscription from the churchyard at St. Lawrence, Biddulph which is in the district of Congleton.

James GIBSON, 20 Oct 1855, 63
    Hannah, w, 22 June 1871, 75
    Also the undermentioned children of the above:
    Lois, 9 Oct 1842, 5ys
    Isaac, received a fatal accident, 19 Nov 1844, 15
    Charles, shared the same fate, 19 Nov 1844, 10
    Elizabeth 22 Oct 1846, 18
    Hannah, 3 Sept 1848, 15
    Ralph ****** 1848, **

I was curious as to the nature of the accident that caused Isaac's and Charles' death so I thought to buy their death certificates. I can easily locate Charles but there is no mention of Isacc in the records other than an Isaac Gibson who died in Durham in the same quarter and year. As the volume has a different number and page to the one I located Charles in, I have discounted it as being mistranscribed. There is a James Gibson on the same page as Charles but this is not their older brother as he is still alive in 1951 and Isaac has definitely disappeared from the 1951 census. Any ideas please why I can't find him?
    Teresa...

On Cheshire BMD deaths for 1844 it says that Charles was aged 10 and James aged 15 and they have consecutive reference numbers. It may be that they were registered incorrectly. You could try ringing the local registrar and see if they will check that they are the right deaths before sending for the certs
    Jackie

Comment

Many thanks Night Owl. So it looks as though Isaac was registered under the name James? I will ring Cheshire Bmd's and see if they can help.
      Teresa...

Comment

Thanks for looking Bob but these are not mine. My two boys were born in Biddulph, Staffs.
        Teresa...

Comment

Isaac and Charles Gibson.

Hi
          Originally posted by Teresa from the Bay View Post
          I have the following monumental inscription from the churchyard at St. Lawrence, Biddulph which is in the district of Congleton.

James GIBSON, 20 Oct 1855, 63
          Hannah, w, 22 June 1871, 75
          Also the undermentioned children of the above:
          Lois, 9 Oct 1842, 5ys
          Isaac, received a fatal accident, 19 Nov 1844, 15
          Charles, shared the same fate, 19 Nov 1844, 10
          Elizabeth 22 Oct 1846, 18
          Hannah, 3 Sept 1848, 15
          Ralph ****** 1848, **

I was curious as to the nature of the accident that caused Isaac's and Charles' death so I thought to buy their death certificates. I can easily locate Charles but there is no mention of Isacc in the records other than an Isaac Gibson who died in Durham in the same quarter and year. As the volume has a different number and page to the one I located Charles in, I have discounted it as being mistranscribed. There is a James Gibson on the same page as Charles but this is not their older brother as he is still alive in 1951 and Isaac has definitely disappeared from the 1951 census. Any ideas please why I can't find him?

Hi i have have just found the reason for both boys deaths... Their father is a farmer and sand carrier... In the parish registers in the margin it states that both boys were accidently killed at Hurst Sand mine... I assume they were maybe suffocated... Such a sad headstone to read... Lois died from typhus fever and the rest from consumption ... If u have other details I would be glad to hear from u

Comment

Working...
          X