Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry upgrade

Hi

My friend who is new to genealogy bought a copy of Family Tree Maker so that she could have some where to track here ancestors and also have access to ancestry. She has a good number in London so she thought it would be advantageous to upgrade so that she could look at London Parish records. However, when she phoned ancestry she was told that this was not possible from the free access offered by Family Tree Maker. I am sure other people have managed to upgrade - am I mistaken or is ancestry just being incompetent as usual?

Sandra

A friend of mine bought a copy of FTM about a month ago, phoned Ancestry and upgraded from the Essentials package to the Premium package.
    I would suggest your friend phones again - hopefully she will get someone more helpful!
    Elaine

Comment

yes tell her to try again whoever told her she cant is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
        A friend of mine bought a copy of FTM about a month ago, phoned Ancestry and upgraded from the Essentials package to the Premium package.
        I would suggest your friend phones again - hopefully she will get someone more helpful!
        I did exactly the same as Elaine's friend (unless I am Elaine's friend lol
        Mine had 7 months left to run, so they extended it to 13 months and when I upgraded for about £17 they gave me 13 months of that as well
        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Thank you for your responses.

I have been with my friend Pat today helping her with her family history. She is going to phone ancestry again.

Sandra

Comment

Working...
          X