Zb file anyone ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zb file anyone ?

somebody has sent me a piccie but its a Zb file and it wont open any ideas thanks ?

Someone more knowledgable may correct me, but I think this is a thumbnail file produced by Canon's Zoom Browser software, which you won't be able to open unless you have Zoom Browser. The person really needs to send the original jpg file.

Laurence.

Comment

that makes sense Laurence she is using her new Camera and isnt sure how to ??? thanks for that will have to email her .

Comment

Hi Val,

I've got a Canon camera and therefore also have the ZoomBrowser EX software.
        If she is trying to mail a photo directly from that program, she'll need to select "Resize and compress images into JPEG type" (instead of "Send images unchanged") in the "Change image size and quality" screen.

She can also just mail photos from whatever location she has saved them on her computer (using Windows Explorer / My Computer) or attach them to an e-mail using the paperclip (Insert File) option.
        Sarah

Comment

hi Sarah its Dukkie say no more lol, seriously I dont think she will understand that but I will see if she can later, thanks .

Comment

Ok, I'll try and explain step by step (hopefully her ZoomBrowser program is set up to work the same as mine).

- open ZoomBrowser EX
            - under "Tasks", click the "Internet" button (if the "Internet" button is not showing, try clicking the "Tasks" button)
            - click "Email Images" (first button under "Tasks")
            - select the Image(s) to send
            - click "2. Change Image Size". This will bring up Image Settings, where you should select "Resize and compress images into JPEG type" (instead of "Send images unchanged"). You can also resize the picture here if you want.
            - click "3. Send or Save". Select "Create a new email"
            - click "4. Finish". This will open up your e-mail program, with the selected image already attached. So you can just enter or select a recipient, and add a message, and send as usual.

But I find it much easier just to send photos as an e-mail attachment without going through all the above steps of using ZoomBrowser.
            Sarah

Comment

hi again and thanks for all your help it is attached to an email ?????

Comment

Sorry, I'm not sure what you're asking there Val.
                Using either method described above will attach a file to an e-mail. She just needs to make sure she's attaching a JPEG (.jpg) file rather than a ZoomBrowser file, as described above in this step:

- click "2. Change Image Size". This will bring up Image Settings, where you should select "Resize and compress images into JPEG type" (instead of "Send images unchanged"). You can also resize the picture here if you want.
                Last edited by Cloggie; 03-05-10, 14:47.
                Sarah

Comment

oh I see thanks again Sarah I am going to tell her tonight lets hope she manages it okay .

Comment

she sorted it thanks Sarah

Comment

Glad she got it sorted. :smilee:
                      Sarah

Comment

yes thanks and the piccies were well worth waiting for.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                          oh I see thanks again Sarah I am going to tell her tonight lets hope she manages it okay .

I did manage it ! Only just! yes i have to put them into the 'puter and then make each one small ...... at least that what i did and it worked..hope it works again!!

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                            yes thanks and the piccies were well worth waiting for.
                            thanks be to God!!

Comment

Working...
                            X