Charles Frederick Cole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charles Frederick Cole

Please can you advise where to go from here!
    My Great Aunt Agnes Jessie Woodman married Charles Frederick Cole on August 17th 1918 at St Thomas's Church in Gosport. His age is given as 26 yrs. The Marriage Certificate says he was a Corporal in the RGA and gives his address as 10......Place, Brighton. His father Thomas Cole being a Boilermaker.
    Would love to follow up his line, but cannot find a correspoding birth on Free BMD
    Di

Found these 2 they look about the right age and area

Charles Fredrick Cole
    Q4 1892
    Chippenham
    Wiltshire
    Vol. 5a

or

Fredrick Charles Cole
    Sept 1890
    Andover
    Hampshire
    Vol. 2c

L

Comment

Hi Di
      A possible for Thomas Cole in 1891 living Brighton, a boilermaker's labourer
      Ref Piece 810 Folio 38 Page 14
      In 1901 still living in Brighton & they have a son Charles age 7 (1894) Thomas is now a navvy.
      Ref Piece 924 Folio 119 Page 13
      Moggie

Comment

How about this one?

Frederick Charles Cole
        Oct-Nov-Dec
        Brighton
        Sussex, East Sussex

Moggie

Comment

That is so brilliant, always knew him as Uncle Charlie, but of course he might just have not used his first name!
          many thanks
          Di

Comment

If he was a boiler maker then this could have been at the locomotive works located at Brighton station, which was operated by the London, Brighton and South Coast Railway

Comment

Or even a Boilermaker's labourer!! Think he got a promotion on the Marriage cert! Now busy tracking the marriage, great isn't it!
              Di

Comment

Must have been demoted in time for the 1901 census to be a navvy! :D

Why not post a crop of the cert up as someone might be able to read full address?

The LBSCR records are held at the National Archives in Kew - I've looked through many of them, particulary those related to the locomotive dept, and have taken photos of individual sheets where my ancestors appear. Your ancestor may also be on the same page - I'll have a look through and see if he's listed, although it will be a few days...

Comment

Many thanks. There is a thick black wavy line through the name of the Pace, although it looks like it starts with an "S".
                  Di

Comment

Just had a chance to look through the images

The only Cole I could find was appointed as a 'van foreman' on 21st March 1863 to 'Brighton Grds' (I presume guards) - could this be an ancestor??

I did however stop looking after the 1870s as my chaps had left by then, but locomotive staff records are held at Kew for the period you are looking for.

For more info go to http://www.lbscr.demon.co.uk/people/index.html

Comment

Working...
                    X