the elusive Henry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the elusive Henry

Henry Thomas Wallace born 1833 Turnworth Dorset, first found in 1871 listed as wallis i believe, census in Portsea Hampshire, married, Julia Mary Rebecca Trivess, moved to Kent. I am looking for his mother and father. Rod

I would have thought the first thing to do is to get his marriage certificate, which would give you his father's name and occupation.
    Elaine

Comment

Slip of the tonge Elaine,not married but partnered?

Comment

Not with parents but there's a possible candidate here in 1851 listed as Thomas Wells age 18,painter b Turnworth visitor in the household of John Burt & family in Wimborne Minster

HO107; Piece: 1854; Folio: ; Page: 1;

on second thoughts it seems a bit unlikely
        Last edited by Jill on the A272; 02-05-10, 11:05.

Comment

He was a painter and decorator, Wells is one surname I thought perhaps would fit Jill.

Comment

On the Dorset opc page for baptisms in Turnworth there is a Henry Wells baptised on 23 July 1834, along with his brother James son of Emanuel and Mary Wells. Emanuel was a Carter.

Linda
            Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

The Thomas found by Jill could match up to Thomas Christopher, baptized 4 nov 1832, son of Matilda Wells, single woman.

Linda
              Linda

Comment

Have now found Henry Wells with wife Elizabeth in 1881, Ag lab in Charlton Marshall, Dorset, so not yours. Sorry.

Linda
                Linda

Comment

yes found that one Linda, could be Matilda's son Thomas Christopher thats the nearest so far,that would mean apart from Thomas a complete name change thro his life? I wonder? they sure dont make it easy for us searchers do they.

Comment

Working...
                  X