Cedric Fletcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cedric Fletcher

I am presently using GSP Family Tree Version 3 under Windows XP. Having now acquired a laptop with Windows 7 I am looking for a program which will give me similar capabilities including using the existing files I have on GSP Family Tree Version 3. Can anyone suggest the most appropriate program to purchase.

The choice of software is very much a personal thing and open for debate!
    Personally I use Family Tree Maker and you will find that the 2010 version will do all that GSP Family Tree v3 will do ... and much more!
    Another package is Family Historian, which is also a favourite amongst a lot of our members.

As to using your existing file, I think you will need to export a data file from your software, in GEDCOM format, and then import that into whichever program you choose. This will mean that you will lose any images you have attached to your file as they are not transferable via this type of file.

The only other possibility, if you do have images attached, is to try to open your Family Tree v3 data file in Family Tree Maker 2006, save a new file and then open that new file in Family Tree Maker 2010. I recently helped a friend do this - she was using Family Tree v4, but I expect it would work with v3 as well.
    Elaine

Comment

Working...
    X