Manchester General Cemetery look up please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cemetery: Manchester General Cemetery look up please

I would very much appreciate it, if anyone can manage to check it out please. I will pm details if someone kindly offers. Thank you.
    Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

Hi Jen I may be able to help but it will be the week after next if I do, I'm not sure where the cemetery is and I don't drive.
    PAT

Comment

Thank you Pat, entirely in your own time is perfectly fine by me Pat. I'm a Mancunian too but don't live there and I haven't a clue where the Manchester general cemetery is either. Only know Philips Park as that's where most of my lot are burried.

Thanks to Angelina on the research thread, I've found about 18 of mine but please don't panic....15 of them are at Philips Park lol!

If you don't mind I will pm you the details.....of the rellies and grave no's etc. What I mainly want is to find out who, if any other members of family may be burried in those graves too.

Many thanks Pat.
      Jen

Comment

Hello,

Just in case you haven't found out the location of Manchester General Cemetery it is located on Rochdale Road, Harpurhey.

This link is to the council guide http://www.manchester.gov.uk/info/32...d_crematoria/1

GJL

Comment

Many thanks GJL, that's very close to where my brother lives. Can't for the life of me think why neither of us knew where it was, as we both grew up in that area. Most of our rellies are burried at Philips Park cemetery..........that's my only excuse. We never had to look anywhere else.
          Jen

Comment

hI there all you Mancunians,I'd love to be able to help you but I myself need help and while reading this thread I thought you may be able to help me you see I clutching at straws looking for mine.
            My greatgrandfather George Spencer b Clayton le Moors 1833 and my greatgrandmother lived in Crown Lane Manchester 1861-1872 Eliza Bland was b in Nottingham 1835/36 and this is all I know of her.I have no marriage or death certificates of them
            they are totally lost ,does anyone know of Epidemics or disasters that took place in Manchester? their son was b 1861 and was living with Georges sister in 1881 I'm taking it they have died .thanks Catherine

Comment

Hi Jen, did you ever find the info you were after regarding Manchester General Cemetery aka Harpurhey cemetery?
              M&SFHF

Comment

Originally posted by MSFHF View Post
                Hi Jen, did you ever find the info you were after regarding Manchester General Cemetery aka Harpurhey cemetery?
                M&SFHF

Oh Hi there, I had completely forgotten about this thread.
                I did discover that my paternal grandfather is burried there and at least one of two daughters that were lost as babies, tho they are not in the same grave sadly. Thank you for asking.
                Jen

Comment

Well if you need further help with any family buried there let me know the details as i have done a fair bit of research on that & other cemeteries in the Manchester area.

M&SFHF

Comment

Originally posted by MSFHF View Post
                    Well if you need further help with any family buried there let me know the details as i have done a fair bit of research on that & other cemeteries in the Manchester area.

M&SFHF
                    Thank you I will bear it in mind.
                    Jen

Comment

Working...
                    X