death certificate help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• death certificate help

i have dugald matheson on the scottish 1841 and 1851 census. he is living in applecross, ross and co, but born 1790/1, in lochalsh. he is a shepherd.

there is a death that some people have attributed to him, but im unsure:

dugald matheson, d.27th nov 1856, craig, lochalsh. widower, age 67 (b.1789), son of murdoch and rebecca matheson. (her maiden name). cause of death unknown, informant: duncan mcrae nephew.
    i cant find a dugald matheson born 1789 in lochalsh. the nearest one in the 1851, is my dugald. but there is no occupation on the death cert. and he is in applecross.the only ones i can see are:

1) dugald b.1776, kentint, ross.
    2) dugald b.1801, lochalsh, with wife rebecca.
    3) dugald b.1803, lochalsh.
    4) dugald b.1846, son of william and rebecca.
    5) dugald b.1850, son of john and elisa.

i cant think why dugald would move to lochalsh. one daughter vanishes, one daughter was dead, one emmigrated to new zealand, one moved to strath, and 3 emmigrated to australia, with their uncle farquhar and aunt mary matheson (her maiden name). farquhar and mary's granddaughter married dugald's grandson. family lore says they were cousins. but whether it is farquhar or mary who is dugald's sibling is the hard part. mary's death cert says her parents are murdoch matheson and rebecca. if this death is for my dugald, he would be her brother. but im just not convinced.
    any ideas?
Working...
X