Help finding a marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help finding a marriage

On the 1891 there is a Charles Nottingham age 29 living with wife Mary Ann age 30 in Brimfield Herefordshire.
    I am hoping this is Mary Ann Evans but try as I might I cannot find a Charles Nottingham = Mary Ann anything marriage. Whilst she was born in Herefordshire she spent most of her life in Shropshire and I have searched both places.
    Can anyone do better than me?
    Many thanks.
    If it's to be, it's up to me.
    Searching for:
    English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

How about WILLIAM Nottingham/Mary Ann Evans Dec 1877 Shoreditch?

Comment

there is a Charles Nottingham and a Mary Ann Pinder marrying in Beverley sep 1874 9d 178

Comment

Many thanks for your replies. I should have said that I ,probably, have her on the 1881 as Mary Ann Evans servant in Shropshire.
        Searching for:
        English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Comment

that must be Frans one then

Comment

This is Mary Ann on the 1911: NOTTINGHAM, Mary AnnWidow Head/Widow, Farmer Earsland Herefordsh NOTTINGHAM, Charles Son M, Working On Farm Brimfield Herefordsh NOTTINGHAM, William Son, 1901 School Brimfield Herefordsh
            On the 1901, note the mistake on her dob:
            NameAgeMary Ann Nottingham 30, Margret Nottingham 9Mary Ann Nottingham 7Charles Nottingham4 William Nottingham 3 months.
            Searching for:

Comment

Charles on the 1881: Charles NottinghamAge:19Estimated birth year:abt 1862Relation:ServantGender:MaleWhere born:Brimfield, Hereford, EnglandCivil parish:Ashford Carbonell

Mary Ann Evans was a servant in Ashford Carbonell.
              So Charles must have go married between 1881 and 1891.
              Searching for:

Comment

1887 Apr,May,June Ludlow 6a 1061 Charles Nottingham , Mary Ann Evans, looked at both images.
                Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on
                http://mjfisher.tribalpages.com

Comment

MIKE!!! Many thanks but where did you find this?
                  I looked on ancestry and it only showed his name so I tried Mary Ann Evans with that page number and did not find her.
                  I then looked on free bmd and for that entry they had him on the same page as Hannah Davies.
                  Off to look at ancestry again.
                  Have sent for a cert of one of the children which will be final conformation.
                  Many many thanks.
                  Searching for:

Comment

Have just joined FMP and have found it.
                    Many thanks once again to all for their suggestions.
                    Searching for:

Comment

I found that too on BMD but wasn't sure about the area ? glad you found her on FMP

Comment

Working...
                      X