Help needed Agnes Annie Ingham b 1877

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed Agnes Annie Ingham b 1877

Just now I don't have a worldwide sub to ancestry. Can some very kind person please see if they can find Agnes Annie Ingham born 1877, Hull, Yorkshire, UK in any of the Australian census. Her parents were Joseph and Sarah Elizabeth. They travelled from England in The Devon and arrived in Australia (probably Queensland) on 5/2/1879.

Agnes married James Gillespie Flannigan on 10th October 1906 Balmain, New South Wales. James said he came from Hindmarsh, South Australia. Any information on James G Flannigan would also be very gratefully received.

Thank you in advance for any help given

Ayse
    Last edited by ayse; 28-04-10, 14:17.

have emailed you

Comment

Hi Val

I've mailed you too. Thank you for the electoral role info

Ayse

Comment

Have you found the QLD and NSW BMD sites? There are also free online (OCR-search) newspaper archives, which turn up useful info.

It might be worth you browsing the Australian section of the Wiki for ideas.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

That's a great suggestion. This is the first time I've tried to explore what is available in Australia as I have few relatives who travelled there (that I have found) so all suggestions gratefully received. As I'm going to Oz in a months time for a year I may try to find a family history group. I'll look into it and see if I can find anything else.

Thanks again

Ayse

Comment

Working...
          X