Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lots of new records on FamilySearch pilot site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of new records on FamilySearch pilot site!

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

lots more BMD's - USA, Canada, UK, Europe, India, Australia - too many to list here. Am off for a look-see now. "I may be gone some time"....

Looks good Richard - I'll be gone some time as well!

Comment

It seems Richard and Naomi have crashed the site. lol
      Kit

Comment

Yep, 'fraid so... seems to be broken at the moment - presumably under the weight of all those new records

Comment

To save you all looking, it is still not working. :(
          Caroline
          Caroline's Family History Pages
          Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Has anybody noticed if the parish records for Warwickshire are on there yet?

Oh, and it is still not working!
            Families Intrested in
            Archer (DBY), Bannister (SFK/STS), Br(o/a)mley (DBY), Darrall (SAL/WAR), Florence (STS), Freeman (WAR), Grimsdell (BKM/STS), Knight (WAR), Sheldrake (SKF), Simpson (LND/STS), Smith (SFK/WAR/WOR), Tatham (LND), Tippin(s) (HEF/WAR), Wagstaff (DBY/NTT), Whitefoot (SAL/WAR)

Comment

Main link still doesn't seem to be working - but not sure if I have found a back door which is open

It's certainly bringing up some images when I search the Warwickshire collection, which I think is a new one.
              Elaine

Comment

This is an interesting collection - not sure if it's new - don't remember seeing it before.

Great Britain Deaths and Burials, 1778-1988

I think it is basically overseas deaths, but seems to be bringing up quite a few results for Merchant Marine at Sea.
                Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                  Main link still doesn't seem to be working - but not sure if I have found a back door which is open.
                  Well done Elaine!

It looks like the Cheshire Parish Registers may have been updated. I'm now finding records for Shotwick, which I haven't been able to find before.
                  In addition to the Ireland Civil Registration Indexes, there are Ireland births, baptisms and deaths on there now too.

I think the Warwickshire Parish Registers have been on there for some time. I have no idea how extensive coverage was/is though.
                  Last edited by Cloggie; 28-04-10, 14:10.
                  Sarah

Comment

Strange that the Norfolk parish register collection isn't in that list.
                    Elaine

Comment

Yes, well-spotted Elaine. I hope they haven't removed it!
                      At least one Dutch collection that was on there previously isn't in that list either.
                      Sarah

Comment

Elaine thanks so much for that link - i have found some records from India that i needed, thank you so much xxx
                        Angelina

Comment

The "normal" link seems to be working again! And it includes Norfolk and the Dutch records missing on the other site, plus lots of new stuff (for Ireland, Wales, etc). :smilee:

Looks like the Ireland and Great Britain BMD records are from BIVRI.
                          Last edited by Cloggie; 28-04-10, 16:11.
                          Sarah

Comment

Oh Yes - have found the new Irish baptism registers brilliant for my elusive Irish merriman family - have just found one of their sons, and the mother's maiden name - am well chuffed

Comment

YEAH......Thank you.....

So far, i've found some of my relations in India - i'm well chuffed !!!!

I'm going back now to see what else i can see........

OMG, i'm finding my relations left right and centre in India................WOW...
                              Last edited by Tilly Mint; 28-04-10, 18:47. Reason: Addition
                              Jacky

Comment

Normal link seems to be broken again.
                                The one in post #7 still seems to be working although it doesn't have the full list of collections.
                                Elaine

Comment

Woohoooooo!!!!

I just found the marriage for my 2g grandfather in India. It lists his father's full name and wife's father's name, which shows she was either illegitimate or previously married. My brick wall now has, at least, a crack.

I had found the marriage previously on FIBIS but it didn't have the details this record does.
                                  Kit

Comment

Hmmm. Found heaps on exciting things but I have a question about this.

My 2 g grandfather, not he one above, had a son my grandfather didn't know about. I found the baptism and guessed there would be a death and I was right.

The baptism says born 23/1/1887, baptised 23/1/1887. That's fine, they were worried about the child and had him baptised asap.

The burial record says: died 22/1/1887, burial 23/1/1887. So he died before he was born.

Would you think the date died is incorrect?
                                    Kit

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                                      Hmmm. Found heaps on exciting things but I have a question about this.

My 2 g grandfather, not he one above, had a son my grandfather didn't know about. I found the baptism and guessed there would be a death and I was right.

The baptism says born 23/1/1887, baptised 23/1/1887. That's fine, they were worried about the child and had him baptised asap.

The burial record says: died 22/1/1887, burial 23/1/1887. So he died before he was born.

Would you think the date died is incorrect?
                                      Hi - perhaps he was born late at night..and it merged with the following day...

Comment

There certainly are more there than before - for instance, the marriage for my great-great-grandparents, found a few years ago on the BVRI, 12th May 1848.
                                        Joy

Comment

Working...
                                        X