Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• William bonner french 1836-1908 in essex

Hi there folks

I am trying to find the parents of William Bonner French 1836 in Layer Marney, where he states he was born in 81, 91 and 01.

However, from 1871 back, he states he was born in Great Coggeshall.

Prior to his marriage to Sarah Ann Pudney in 1862, he is living with his grandparents John French and Sarah, who in 1851 state he is their daughter's 14 yr old son [as is Cornelius aged 6]

There is a convenient IGI William christening in Coggeshall in March 1836 with parents Richard French and Elizabeth, but I'm wary of it.

Richard and Elizabeth appear to vanish thereafter.

I am unable to find Richard's birth or marriage either

I am unable to find Grandpa John's birth, but suspect it is 1793 to John French and Mary Smith.

I am also unable to find the Bonner/French connection.... but a fair amount of "use our name and you can have the land!!" went on at that time and earlier.

Any assistance would be most welcome.

Best wishes and thanks ;)

Mark

FEGAN, LOUGHLIN Co Down, IOM; SWEENEY, CLAYTON Co Cork; LILLYWHITE Sussex, Hampshire; BEARMAN, ENNEW Essex, Kent; STAPLETON, BRAYBROOKS Beds; ELDRIDGE, ALDRIDGE, HALLUM, London; IVENS, GODSON, HAMMOND, HORE Bucks; GIBB, HANSTEY, MARSHALL Northumberland;
    GENEALOGY IS A SUCCESSFUL FAMILY BUSINESS

Do you have the marriage certificate of William Bonner French to Sarah Ann Pudney - if so is there a father shown?
    Elaine

Comment

there is a William Bonner French death in Maldon register dec qtr 1908 aged 72......would that be him ...so born1836

also a William Bonner French b mar qtr 1904 in Maldon...presumably his grandson.......allan
      Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
      oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
      adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
      merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
      coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

There is a tree on Ancestry which gives the parents of William Bonner French born 1836 Layer Marney as William Bonner and Eliza French.
        Might be worth making contact.

Elaine

Comment

Thank you very much

Yes Allan that is him, and his grandson b 1904.

Thanks for the link, Elaine

Best wishes

Mark :-)
          ;D NONA
          VEAL, PRICE, STURGE, BELLET, DREW, TAYLOR Som/Glos COTTERELL, NAPPER, NASH, FLEETWOOD, HANDLEY, COLLINS, BROWN Ledbury, Bromyard, Herefordshire, Worcs, NASH, TYLER Warks, Kent, CROWE, REYNOLDS Suffolk, CARLSON/CHARLSON Sweden/E Ldn, COX Wilts 'Trego STILES', DORTON Middx, Surrey
          PROBABLE IMPOSSIBILITIES ARE TO BE PREFERRED TO IMPROBABLE POSSIBILITIES - ARISTOTLE

Comment

Working...
          X