Rootschat...someone looked up a church register entry for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rootschat...someone looked up a church register entry for me

I haven't used Rootschat very often as I find their website less easy to use but perservered recently and went on their look ups etc for a particular place.

A kind member looked up a marriage entry for me which was v. helpful and moved on my research for that family another generation.

Just thought I would mention it for any new members here.
    Liz

Liz...some people are very loyal to websites.....me...I`m not very good at research ...so I use as many as I can....Roots / GF / FTF / BG / liverpool Genealogy / geneanet / ancestral-villages and another 3-4 as well.....cos I need as much help as I can get...lol....nice to see you got a result......if you don`t ask- you don`t get....well done .....allan
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Like you, Liz, I'd never really used Rootschat. Then I noticed someone offering to do lookups for a town I was interested in - they volunteered to search the graveyard for me, and found my 4xg grandfather's grave.

There are some lovely people out there. Wherever possible I try to return the favour when I see a query about my part of the world on the basis that what goes around, comes around.

Comment

Thanks for your replies Allan and Lindsay - I found Liverpool and Isle of Man genealogy websites wonderful for researching a friend's tree in those areas. Lots of acts of genealogical kindness.
        Liz

Comment

Thats great that you got a result Liz. A lovely lady on Rootschat went to the cemetary and took a photo of my Dads grave for me which was much appreciated as his grave will probably disappear with the expansion of Heathrow.My Dad is buried in Cherry Lane cemetary

Comment

Jac - that must have meant a lot to you and I expect the person doing it felt good too.
            Liz

Comment

Working...
            X