Essex Monumental Inscriptions CD's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Essex Monumental Inscriptions CD's

Hope it's OK to ask for this - I get confused between what different sites allow??

Does anyone by chance have Volume 1 of the CD for Central Essex

Ephraim W (illiam) Houghton appears to have 2 entries - in 1951

St Mary the Virgin - Great Baddow

St Mary the Virgin (Cathedral) - Chelmsford - where he was apparently a bellringer

If anyone can give me further info from this it would be appreciated

Thanks
    Sue

Can't help directly, but if you have a bellringer there is always a chance there was an obituary in the Ringing World - it's a weekly mag that's been going since 1911.

Comment

Thanks for the hint - managed to find (amazingly!!) an index to this publication online - there were 2 obits relating to Essex published in 1951 - and I have the page numbers - but no names

Unfortunately I don't like my chances of finding a run of it down-under - it is of course in the British Library newspaper section - but I'm not planning a trip there any time soon (unfortunately!!)

Maybe I'll have to try some other sources/resources if no-one here has the CD

Thanks again
      Sue

Comment

Is there anything on our Essex page in the Reference Library which might help?

The History House has many links for all over the county.
        Caroline
        Caroline's Family History Pages
        Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Don't think so Caroline - but thanks anyway. I know exactly WHERE to find the info - just need to find someone with access to the the CD's or who is involved with EFHS - they offer a paid look up service - so if I have no luck I can head down that road

Cheers
          Sue

Comment

Ah -hah - looks like SAGS in Sydney may have these on microfiche - will have to add that to my list for my next trip down there

Thanks
            Sue

Comment

Originally posted by SueNSW View Post
              Thanks for the hint - managed to find (amazingly!!) an index to this publication online - there were 2 obits relating to Essex published in 1951 - and I have the page numbers - but no names

Unfortunately I don't like my chances of finding a run of it down-under - it is of course in the British Library newspaper section - but I'm not planning a trip there any time soon (unfortunately!!)
              Hi Sue - why not just try an email to the Ringing World, tell them who you're interested in and they may well come up with something for you. Or even put an appeal for info in the mag - there are probably readers who remember this chap. There's a tradition of bellringing in a branch of my family, so I know a bit about it, and they do tend to have long memories!

Comment

Working...
              X