Berkshire area/bucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berkshire area/bucks

Could someone please help me sort a mistake that I may have made. I have listed a member of the family as Claude Arthur Newman b1900c Reading parents: Claude Aurthur and Emileen Mynot Newman.

Another member of my family has a scrap of paper with a note on it saying Claude Minet Newman b 1897 I thought the Mynot/Minet a coinsidence and late in this mans life he had the same occupation working for Cable and Wireless.

If perhaps you could look at the 1901 Census and see who the family were it would be appreciated. The address could be 13 The Grove Reading Berkshire.

I have just run out of credits and do not want to buy any more until the Autumn as I will not have time to use them during the summer months.

Thank you very much.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Hi Margaret - if it's just a case of looking at a census then a member on FTF can look that up on Ancestry for you...

I'm therefore moving this over to Research Qs & As, were you should get a better response

Comment

Velma,

Thank you, don't know how I came to put it in this slot, sorry.
      Margaret N

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

No problem...

Comment

Hi Margaret, in 1901 Claude Newman and his wife Emeline were living at 9 The Grove, Reading, with their 3 year old son Claude. Claude Sr was a decorator and sign writer, born in Dover, Kent in 1872. His wife was born in Upper Holloway in London in 1873. Claude jr was born in Reading in 1898.

Hope this helps

Linda
          Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

OzGirl,

Many thanks for the useful information the details of the parents are correct. I am going to send for the Birth Certificate now that you have helped me confirm the area that he lived in.

Kind Regards
            Margaret N

Comment

Working...
            X