maiden name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maiden name

I have been trying to find the maiden name of Mary, the wife of Joseph Pecival.She would have been born about 1796.They came from Cheshire,he from around Thornton le Moors.It seem they had eight or more children,the earliest being Mary 23/4/1820.I thought I had struck lucky when I discovered a child,Sarah baptised in December 1837.The problem is that the only birth for a Sarah Percival that I can find is one is in Northwich.I would have expected a registration district of Great Boughton.There is a death in Dec 1838 Great Boughton.There is also a death on Cheshire BMD 1838 Chester Cathedral,Cheshire West.I don't think that sending for this will help though,as I don't believe it will have the mother's maiden name.
    I have found a marriage for a Joseph and a Mary Price 28/12/1819,St. Mary on the Hill,Chester,but don't know if it is the correct couple.
    Any ideas please?

i had a look on family search pilot site and there are few possible children for Joseph percival- can you take any of them forward to say 1851 and see if they are living with relatives called Price?
    Angelina

Comment

Thanks for your reply Angelina,
      In 1851 Joseph is a widower and is living with Elizabeth and George. I have found Thomas,Margaret and Hannah as servants in various places.Nobody with people called Price.
      Fran

Comment

A lot of county family history societys compiled marriage indexes for the time period 1754 to 1837 before the days of the internet and they will do a county wide search for a small fee
        Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on
        http://mjfisher.tribalpages.com

Comment

The transcriptions of some Cheshire Parish registers are online via the Cheshire Parish Register Project and can be searched. This marriage and several other PERCIVAL marriages at St Mary's are transcribed.

Chester, St Mary 28th Dec 1819
          Groom: Joseph PERCIVAL
          Occ: Labourer
          Residence: Of this Parish
          Bride: Mary PRICE.
          Spinster
          Residence: Of this Parish
          Banns
          Both made their Marks
          Witness: James WHITE
          Witness: Mary X PERCIVAL
          Cleric: Thomas MAWDESL (sic)

The Rector at this time was Thomas Mawdesley.

Cheers,

GJL

Comment

Mike,Thank you for your reply,I will look into it.
            GJL That is the marriage I found,only trouble is that I don't know if it is my couple.If I could have got the birth certificate of Sarah life would have been easier.
            Fran

Comment

It may help if you look at the PRs for Thornton Le Moors. Amongst other places the films are at Chester (at the old County Record Office) and at the temporary Manchester City Library at Elliot House (from June 28th).

Cheers,

GJL

Comment

Thank you GJL, will do that when time permits.
                Fran

Comment

Working...
                X