X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracing Anzac Relatives

Found this website when watching the Anzac March this morning:

http://mappingouranzacs.naa.gov.au/

Have been on it all day and have found 2 Gallipoli veterans in our direct family lines that no one knew about.
    It contains the all Australian WW1 service records and can be searched by name.

Hope others find it useful.
    oakes63 passed away in September 2021

Thank you for the link - I have added it to the Australia page in the Reference Library.
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Hi Annette - it's a nice to site to have. As you know, there's lots on the news about Anzac Day - can't help but shed a tear when you hear The Last Post and hear of just some of the atrocities.

Comment

Potentially interesting site - but I'm having trouble locating a record which I know should be there: not in PoB, nor in PoEnlistment - even by family name ("0 people are named FRIEDMAN"). But the service record is on NAA site - I've seen it and downloaded it.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Did you find them Christine?

There seems to be some spelling/transcription problem (also on NAA site) - there are 4 FREIDMAN's listed on Mapping our Anzacs

Freidman, Donald
          Freidman, Henry Eric
          Freidman, Leslie Harold
          Freidman, Raymond Walter

The links on NAA spell it FRIED - but the Titles spell it FREID

Must make it fun following a name like that

Cheers
          Sue

Comment

Thanks, Sue. It was Leslie Harold I was looking for as an example to see how it worked.

At least I can see it there now!

Christine

~~~~~~~~~~~~
            In this context, researching: FRIEDMAN/FREEMAN (England, NSW Australia, Pikallin in Lithuania), MARKS (England, VIC & NSW Australia, NZ, Himbach-Limeshain in Germany) STORCH (Himbach-Limeshain in Germany), COHEN, JACOBS JONES, BENJAMIN, GOLDSMID (London, England), & GOLDBERG (Lithuania)
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
            X