Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New family history magazine ...

Your Family History - Editor Nick Barratt

I generally pick up a couple of magazines when I'm in the UK - have to say was very disappointed in the last batch.
    Elaine

New this month, instead of Ancestors. I have the first copy and not sure at present. Interesting in that it wants to set up a website of your ancestral stories and will take presumably the most interesting stories for the magazine. Better for everybody than just taking the famous and their stories? We shall have to wait and see.

Janet

Comment

Originally posted by Janet View Post
      New this month, instead of Ancestors.
      Not sure if it's a replacement for Ancestors - I think it's just a new mag.
      TNA website says they are discussing plans to launch a new magazine from The National Archives in the autumn - being led by Simon Fowler, who was the editor of 'Ancestors', and his team.
      Elaine

Comment

Elaine

Technically you are correct in that Ancestors is supposed to be relaunching something else in the Autumn, but they are undecided about what to do, in the meantime Wharncliffe who used to have the Ancstors Magazine rights which finished in March this year, and the above new magazine has now been launched in its place in April. I have been a subscriber to Ancestors for many years and was rather surprised at the abrupt demise of Ancestors without any warning whatsoever, so either a falling out from Wharncliffe or some other issue like cost to TNA? When I got in touch with Wharncliffe over my subscription to Ancestors they said I could switch to the new magazine which I have done so for the time being to see how the new magazine fares. I have never been that impressed with many of the other magazines.

Possibly one of the problems with Ancestors may have been its heavy bias towards the TNA, though I always liked the indepth articles.

Janet

Comment

Ancestors has always been my favourite out of the many which are now produced so will look forward to seeing if something new is produced later in the year.
          Elaine

Comment

Working...
          X