Help with mothers name please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with mothers name please?

I sent for a birth certificate from 1837 so that I could find out the mothers maiden name. It arrived this morning but I can't read it:( Anyone like to make a stab at it please or tell me how I can find out her name without visiting Kimbolton & Eaton (St Neots) Huntingdon and Bedford) please.

Incidentally, the oldest child I can find was born approx 1832. I have found a possible marriage on family search for a James Wright to a Sarah in Huntingdonshire in Aug 1830 but she is Sarah Jellis and this doesn't look like Jellis to me.

Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Hi Chrissie,
    It's very difficult to make out isn't it? Could it be something like Dutton perhaps?
    I can check the Huntingdonshire marriage index for you. I don't have time at the moment, but will try and check tomorrow.
    Sarah

Comment

Originally posted by Cloggie View Post
      Hi Chrissie,
      It's very difficult to make out isn't it? Could it be something like Dutton perhaps?
      I can check the Huntingdonshire marriage index for you. I don't have time at the moment, but will try and check tomorrow.
      UPDATE - Guess what - I have just found Sarah in 1841 visiting her parents in Sutton Bonnington Notts. Her father is a farmer named - Thomas DUTTON - ignore everything below

Oh thank you Sarah, that would be great. No hurry, anytime that it's convenient.
      If it helps - In 1851 John Wright was 47 born Kimbolton Huntingdonshire - his wife Sarah was 49 born Sutton Bonnington Notts and the children were all born Kimbolton. The oldest one being Mary 19. It has just dawned on me that I ought to try again to find them in 1841 as they could have older children and the marriage could have been earlier than I thought. After all, they would have been about 28 and 30 when Mary was born. So could have been married anytime from about 1821/22.

p.s. Yes, Dutton does look one possibility doesn't it.
      Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 22-04-10, 22:42.

Comment

UPDATE - I think I have him in 1841 though Sarah isn't at home. John is 35 and the oldest child is Louisa who is 14 and born Kimbolton.

Comment

Hi Chrissie,
          I came across this marriage last night on Family Search, but thought it was probably too far away. But it fits in perfectly with Sarah's birth place, so could well be your couple after all:

JOHN WRIGHT
          Spouse: SARAH DUTTON
          Marriage: 23 JAN 1826, Saint Michael, Sutton Bonnington, Nottingham, England
          Batch no.: M061201

And a possible baptism:
          SARAH DUTTON
          Christening: 12 JAN 1802, Saint Michael, Sutton Bonnington, Nottingham, England
          Father: THOMAS DUTTON
          Mother: ELIZABETH
          Batch no.: C061202
          Last edited by Cloggie; 23-04-10, 07:12.
          Sarah

Comment

Sarah Wright is with her parents again in 1841 as an independent in Sutton Bonnington, also there is Mary Wright aged 10.
            Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Oh thank you Sarah, that's brilliant. I don't know how you do it. Once it's earlier than 1837 I never seem to be able to find anything. Mind you, I only know Family search.

Thank you Lin, yes, that was the one I found. Sarah and Mary are with him in 1851.

Comment

You're welcome Chrissie. Glad I could help.
                I found the records in the IGI on Family Search by searching for a marriage between John Wright and Sarah Dutton anywhere in England. And then I searched for a baptism for Sarah Dutton with father Thomas Dutton in Notts.
                Sarah

Comment

Working...
                X