Wheeler of Northampton-look up please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Office: Wheeler of Northampton-look up please

If anyone is going to Northampton records office,could they please look up Thomas Wheeler for me ?
    He was my ggg grandfather and as I live in Spain,I can`t go any further back on the internet.I would love to find his parents.
    He was born about 1801 in Northampton and on the 1841 census he is living in the parish of All Saints in Gold st and was a Bookseller and stationer.
    He was living with wife Hannah Elizabeth nee Hickman born in Northampton in 1911 (I would like to eventually trace her family too) and 5 of their children including my gg grandfather John.
    Any info would be much appreciated.
    Thank you

Lyn

Could someone move this thread to Look up requests please..................durrrrr

Comment

Moved for you, Lyn..
      Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine !
        You are also in Spain.
        How do you get along with finding out more info,not on the internet ?

Comment

Originally posted by LynSpain View Post
          How do you get along with finding out more info,not on the internet ?
          With difficulty!!
          Elaine

Comment

Yes,I know it gets more difficult as you go back !

Comment

I'll go and have a look for you when I get a chance.

Can you clarify some dates first?

was a bloke born 1801 still alive & kicking in 1911, or should be she was born 1811? or somethng else?

Until recent history I knew an Ernest Hickman, (and his daughter), that lived in the town - would they be relations of yours?
              Jess

Comment

Thanks Jess,that would be brilliant.
                My mistake,his wife should have said, born in 1811.I have no knowledge of the Hickmans at all.I would love to trace them also.
                I can`t tell you anything else about Thomas Wheeler except for what was on the 1841 census.It is interesting about my gg grandfather,John ( of which I haven`t confirmed his birth ) as the family moved to Middlesex where John had a `Fancy goods warehouse`making amongst other things pins and needles,some of which I have with the family name on.The factory burnt down but he was obviously fairly prosperous as when he retired he moved to Bournemouth where I lived all my life until I moved to Spain.When he died,he was buried in Highgate cemetery in London which I would LOVE to visit !

Comment

Gold street certainly still exists, so I can see in my minds eye what the road looked like, obviously frontages have changed but the buildings themselves are ( Mostly) still there.

http://www.northants-familytree.net/...20streets2.htm
                  Last edited by Jessbowbag; 25-04-10, 20:15.
                  Jess

Comment

Yes,I did go there in the 70`s,but can`t remember much-only the pubs !
                    let me know when you are going to the records office,I am really excited now.
                    Thanks
                    Lyn

Comment

Any idea when you will be going to the Northampton records office Jess ?
                      Thanks
                      Lyn

Comment

As soon as I get the opportunity, Lyn, I will go.

have some fairly major family issues as the moment, which we need to keep on top of.

hopefully in the next couple of days
                        Jess

Comment

Jess
                          Sorry to hear you have family problems.
                          I didn`t mean to hastle you.Anytime you are free would be much appreciated
                          Lyn

Comment

Popped in yesterday, couldnt see anything blindingly obvious, sorry.

both Wheeler & Hickman are quite common names around here.

am going to pop back today if I can
                            Jess

Comment

Thanks Jess,sorry I didn`t reply before but been away and had no t`internet access !
                              If you do find anything out I will be most grateful.

Lyn

Comment

Working...
                              X