Family History Fair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family History Fair?

Hi everyone. I'm hoping to go to my first Family History Fair this weekend in Sheffield (I finally bribed my other half!).

What can I expect to see there?
    Looking for Allinson, Barker, Bedford, Crosby, Emanuel, Glasby, Heseltine, Lister, Moorhouse, Morgan, Rees, Seymour, Sidwell, Summers, Tate, Turpin, Wilson

I actually went to this one the other year, but it wasn't of much use to me, as I don't have any ancesters from South Yorks. There are lots of different stalls including those from the local family history societies. There were books & old maps for sale, plus loads of stuff for helping to file your information. If you have local ancesters, then it is worth goiong to.
    Lynn

Comment

I would suggest the best family history fair to attend would be the Saturday 26 June 2010 - Yorkshire Family History Fair, Knavesmire Exhibition Centre, York Racecourse, Knavesmire Road, York YO23 1EX.
      10am -4.30pm

In my opinion this is a better fair than even WDYTYA at Olympia.
      Cheers
      Guy
      Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

Thanks Lynn, I do have connections with Sheffield on mine and my hubby's family, that's why I thought it might be of some use to me. Will give it a go.

Thanks Guy, I do keep trying to get to the York one, but work and other things (rugby league!) always seem to get in the way. I think I have the 26th June free this year, so fingers crossed!
        Looking for Allinson, Barker, Bedford, Crosby, Emanuel, Glasby, Heseltine, Lister, Moorhouse, Morgan, Rees, Seymour, Sidwell, Summers, Tate, Turpin, Wilson

Comment

I would love to go to the York one, but would have to find someone to have the kids for me.
          Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by Guy View Post
            I would suggest the best family history fair to attend would be the Saturday 26 June 2010 - Yorkshire Family History Fair, Knavesmire Exhibition Centre, York Racecourse, Knavesmire Road, York YO23 1EX.
            10am -4.30pm

In my opinion this is a better fair than even WDYTYA at Olympia.
            Cheers
            Guy
            Yep - this is the fair I usually go to and I think it is brilliant (mind you, am slightly biased as I only have to walk across the racecourse to get there )

Comment

I am hoping to be at the Yorkshire Family History Fair tomorrow as I live in West Yorkshire and can get a train from Leeds. I have been to fairs at Batley and the WDYTYA show in February where I met Vivienne and some other members. I was in Edinburgh last week and took advantage of the free 2 hour trial at the Scotland's People center in Princes Street. It only cost 50p to print a record and I found some records for my relatives.
              Don

Researching: ANNAL (Orkney/Ontario) BILSTON (Worcestershire) CLARK (Shetland) HOLLOWAY (Worcestershire) RHODES (Worcestershire) WILSON (Orkney)

Comment

Working...
              X