John Chadwick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Chadwick

Looking to find info on my g8tg8tg8tg8t gan father JOHN CHADWICK born about 1796 Newton Heath Lans on his son wedding cert his job was a crofter
    his son william married Selina Collins(ON) 4/jun/1841
    William may have still been liveing with him ??
    looking for him from 1841 to 1861
    Looking for any info on him would love to find his parents out
    Dom

Do you happen to know William's date of birth and his mother's name?

Comment

William was born about 1815/16 Newton Heath
      I only know his father as i have got Williams marriage cert
      Dom

Comment

looking for him in 1841 census if any one can help me oooooooout pleae
        Dom

Comment

I reckon I've found William & Selina and family (John, Alice, and Violet) in Newton Health in 1861:
          RG9/2965 fo 39 p 3

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

And in 1851
            HO107/2231 fo 280 p 26

William and "Sulina", with John, Alice and James.

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

No success in 1841 - even Selina seems elusive. I'd wondered whether they might be near one another, since the wedding was only a couple of days later.

The nearest is a "Celina COLLIN" with her family in Rochdale.

Christine

Comment

A crofter could be in the bleaching trade

The word croft in England usually means an enclosed field adjacent to a farm or property. But, in connection with the textile trade it usually refers to the process of croft-bleaching. Prior to dyeing, both yarn and cloth (whether wool, linen and later cotton) had to be bleached.
                Bleachers were often called ‘Whitsters’ or ‘Whitelimers’, and a 1772 Manchester Trade Directory has an alphabetical list of Crofters and Whitelimers.

maybe you should be looking at all J Chadwicks in Manchester area and go for occupation.

mm

Comment

Can any one have a look for John Chadwick occ:crofter in 1841-1871 census rtn for me living in lancashire area wife Alice may be.
                  only thing i have on him is his son William b 1813/1815 Newton cany find his christening as well,do have his marriage cert to Selina Collins(father Joseph occ:weaver) think her name collinson??? jun/1841 Machester Cathedral
                  Dom

Comment

Working...
                  X