Help needed please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed please

can anyone help me find the following, Ive looked on ancestry but cant find them. I have them on the 1911 census, but dont know where they are before then. I think the place of birth on the wife and step children could be wrong, Im thinking the births are in scotland before the marriage that took place in 1907. both state they were married before, no other info given on census.

elizabeth annie dempster, maybe her first marriage name age 39

samuel anderson, stepson age 18
    william herbert dempster stepson age 13
    frances annie dempster, stepdaughter age 11
    vincent dempster stepson age 4 or 9,
    julia wallace daughter age 3.

are the dempsters the stepchildren of william wallace or elizabeth annie?

any help greatly apreciated.

thanks
    jean

Jean - where are they in 1911? And do you have any certificates?
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

UJ

they were in West Derby

found a birth, maybe the cert will shed light on the mothers maiden name

Births Mar 1901
      Dempster Frances Annie W. Derby 8b 373

though there is a birth in 1913 W Derby, for a Robert Wallace mmn Anderson, could be coincidence though

mm

Comment

Marriages Dec 1907
        Dempster Elizabeth Annie
        Devlin M_ry
        Miller James
        Wallace William
        W.Derby 8b962

wonder why she was recorded as Dempster in 1911?
        Jess

Comment

thanks for your replies,

uncle john, I have them on the 1911 census living in bootle, it states the dempster's were born in liverpool, william wallace born in widnes, only julia wallace is born in bootle. I have their marriage application form for when she married william wallace in 1907 in west derby. there is no date or month on the form, nor does she state any other surname before this marriage. Im thinking of sending for the marriage certificate hoping this will give me a bit more information.

jess, Ive just noticed that. even more confusion for me, lol.

Im hoping that this william herbert is the elusive w.h. Ive been looking for for ages.

Ive also been looking for a william dempster being married to a elizabeth annie, maiden name unknown. Ive been looking on the scottish census and english census, but with no luck.

jen

my grandad gives william dempster as his father on his marriage certificate, Im trying to find out if dempster was her previous married name or not

Comment

The marriage shows up on Lancs BMD (http://www.lancashirebmd.org.uk/), too, in 1907:
            DEMPSTER~Elizabeth A~WALLACE~William~West Derby, Register Office or Registrar Attended~Liverpool
            Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
            X