GRO/certificates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRO/certificates

I have not ordered any certificates for a while, since before their website change, But a friend of mine has been trying to order one and gets as far as teh payment page. After she has entered her payment details and security word the screen goes blank. She has tried a few times but same thing happens each time. Is anybody else having the same trouble?

No, I've ordered recently with no problems. Perhaps it's her web browser and it might be worth trying a different one. I have IE8 and Mozilla Firefox as an alternative when the other doesn't work.
    Margaret

Comment

As far as I can remember, you don't have to enter a 'security word' on the GRO website. Is she sure she is using the right site?

Anne

Comment

If she gets to the payment page, has it anything to do with her being asked to "register"(can't think of the word I want!) her bank card via her bank?

I found that if I don't do this, I can't proceed any further - so far, as I do very little internet shopping, I've avoided the issue by using a different debit card (same bank.)

Jay
        Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

I know what you mean Jay - it's an extra security check at the end and you need to have a password and either enter it all or enter certain letters of it. It's easy enough to set up and I feel a good thing to prevent misuse of card or data sent over the internet.
          You do need a password to order on GRO but that is taken at the start when you log in.
          Margaret

Comment

yes its when she has entered her bank security word then the screen goes blank and it doesnt continue.

Comment

I used to have this problem on IE but not on Firefox. On Firefox it takes you to another screen where you enter a password for your bankcard. It's an extra security.
              ~ with love from Little Nell~
              Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Originally posted by gloryer View Post
                yes its when she has entered her bank security word then the screen goes blank and it doesnt continue.
                In that case its not the GRO that's the problem but her bank/credit card website.

Anne

Comment

Working...
                X