who is he ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who is he ??

looking to find parents of William ALFRED Saxon born 1825 Ridge Hill Ashton-Under-Lyne
    in 1861 my greatgreatgran father John Saxon 1805 Ridge Hill was living with him but uunder"SON"
    looking for him in 1841/51/71 and any other census rtn.
    he also used middle name in 1861 ALFRED
    thanks
    DOM

1851 census - Piece 2211; Folio 181; Page 4; roll 87221. Living in Great Bolton with wife Mary Ann (25) and son John 5 - the family has 3 lodgers. Wlliam Alfred Saxon is 25 and a journeyman baker by trade.

There are several William Saxon's on the 1841 census.

Hope this helps

Ayse

Comment

this is him could you find him in 1841 ??
      i am trying to find whom his father was as in 1861 my greatgreatgrandad John Saxon b 1805 Ridge Hill was lodger with him but down as SON

Comment

there are quite a few saxons in ashton under lyne on IGI pilot search site; http://pilot.familysearch.org
        hope this helps
        Angelina

Comment

piece 2233; folio 36; page 21; roll: 87246. - 1851 census

John Saxon (c1806) is living at 13 Cotton Street, Ashton under Lyne a cotton draper by trade. He is a lodger with no wife in evidence, although he said he was married. He is living with the Foden family.

I will have another look at the 1841 census to see if anything jumps out.

Ayse

Comment

the way to go is to get a birth certificate which gives the mothers maiden name then search for a marriage which gives the groom and bride fathers names.
            In 1851 the son John age 5 is given a birth place of Worcestershire Duff? Hill but not birth for a John is registered in Worcestershire till 1862.
            There is a John Clough Saxon born q2 1846 Bolton
            A William Alfred Saxon marries q4 1844 in Bolton to a Mary Ann Clough I surmise.

In 1841 HO107/535/6/20/34 there is a William age 10 who I presume is the son of John age 36 and Mary age 38 in Ashton Under Lyne
            Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on
            http://mjfisher.tribalpages.com

Comment

There is a possible John Saxon (36) in the 1841 - wife Mary (38) and children Elizabeth 13, William 10, Martha 8 and Mary 1 John works in the cotton trade, look as if it could read cotton drapery but it's a long shot. William too is only 10 years old.
              1841 - 107, piece 532, book 5, Ashton Under Lyne. The family are living in Mill Lane.

1871 William aka Alfred in this census, baker by trade born Ashton u L, now living with wife Mary Ann born Leeds, Yorkshire at 47, Lime Street, Wigan Lancs. With them are children Amelia 15 cotton weaver born Wigan, Martha 14 born Blackburn and Joseph born Wigan, Lancs. RG10, piece 3884, folio 62, page 22, roll 842036.

Good hunting

Ayse

Comment

found out that william alfred is john's 2nd cousin via william's dad james saxon born 1805 same place as john Ashton underlyne
                BOY theres a lot of SAXON'S there :-)

Comment

Working...
                X