Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skegness cemetries

Hi,

Has anyone any info , maps etc on the cemetries in the Skegness area. Just discovered a new branch of my tree, all from around that area. Hoping to get up there later on in the year. Just like to get pre-armed as they say.

Cheers,

Dave
    Researching the names HART,LILLEY,DAVISON & FINN all from around LINCS/CAMBS. HARTS Also in AUS & CANADA

Dont give up in the search for Maddie

This one is showing as an old cemetary Dave -

Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Dave here is link to Lincolnshire council web page and contact number ;;

borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Cheers ladies.....appreaciated
        Researching the names HART,LILLEY,DAVISON & FINN all from around LINCS/CAMBS. HARTS Also in AUS & CANADA

Comment

Not cemeteries, but have you found the Lincs marriage index spreadsheets? http://mi.freefronthost.com/
          These marriage indexes contain the names of bride and groom, their fathers, full date and the name of the parish. All information is transcribed from the parish registers deposited at the Lincolnshire Archives (registers that have not been deposited at Lincolnshire Archives are therefore not included). The indexes do not contain any Register Office marriages, and there are few non-conformist marriages at present. The marriage index is updated regularly as more records are transcribed - currently the period from 1850 to 1870 is being worked on.
          Spilsby (which includes Skegness) covers 1837-1870.

Christine
          Last edited by Christine in Herts; 15-04-10, 13:19.
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Christine ....mwaaaaaah

Comment

We aim to please! ;) :D

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I have family from Skegness. My Gt Grandfather is buried in a churchyard there. Lincolnshire archives provided a name of a crematorium, who gave a name of a Funeral Directors who in turn told me they buried my Gt Grandfather and sent me a plan of the churchyard, showing where he is buried.

Good Luck, hope you find what you need.
                Last edited by Fi & Lilly; 15-04-10, 21:51.
                Fi, aka Wheelie Spice

Why not learn British Sign Language: BritishSignLanguage.com; An Online Guide to British Sign Language

Comment

Working...
                X