• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Trust & Ancestry. Special offer

Well Pleased to have found this.
    Just what I was looking for.

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main...eat-offers.htm
    Sue ;)

Typical Ancestry: kicking long term subscribers in the teeth, AGAIN. I shall certainly be looking at FMP when my subscription expires this year. Doubly galling as I am a NT member too.
    Glen

Comment

Just taken the subscription on my account that lapsed in February.

Interesting though they they didn't ask for any NT info. maybe they just check name and address for this.

Thats my early birthday pressie sorted.
      Sue ;)

Comment

I just came to ask if anyone had heard of any good Ancestry deals as my worldwide membership expires at the end of the month. I can understand that they want to attract new members, but it sucks that they don't reward existing members. I'm a NT member, too, so it's doubly galling. Something tells me I won't be renewing.
        Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

I just clicked the link and it took me straight into my ancestry home page. I bought FTM 2010 and got 6 months worldwide which is until August I think.

So I don't know if you've already had a membership you can have the free trial and then the discount????

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

†Offer consists of a 25% discount off the first year of an annual membership with Ancestry.co.uk. Offer applies to memberships taken out is between 00:00:01 GMT on 1st March 2010 and 23:59:59 GMT on 28th February 2011. Offer is only available to new customers who are National Trust supporters, and is not available for renewal of current memberships. To ensure that you get continuous access to Ancestry.co.uk, your annual membership will be renewed automatically at the at the end of the one-year subscription period and your chosen payment method will be debited at the standard rate applicable at the time.
            Glen

Comment

Be interesting to see if I get a reply to the feedbackI sent.

I got told that as I had previously had a free trial I couldn't claim again.
              I sent feedback saying that while I accept that I'm not eligible for the free tial, as a long standing member of NT & Ancestry who had made many contributions to their data over the years I felt that I was entitled to the 25% off as a loyalty discount!;D

I'll be gobsmacked if they give it to me!:D
              Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

I've just sent similar feedback, Vivienne. I don't think it's unreasonable for them to offer a loyalty discount, but I'm not holding out any hopes of getting one! I may just have to let my subscription lapse until I can't get the info I need any other way.
                Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

I don't think they know WHAT they are doing.

I am a long standing subscriber to Ancestry. A while ago I added new card details as I lost my original debit card..them I had an email to say my membership was up for renewal so to make sure they had the correct card details. I re-checked that I had updated my new card..and I had.

Then I got another email saying that they were sorry that I had chosen not to renew with Ancestry and that my membership had lapsed.?????
                  Not bothering to renew until I find a good offer.

Linda

Comment

I am in the same boat as most of you, a long term NT member. My membership lapsed a while ago and have been living in hope for a special offer. But, if this one is 25% I'm sure that is what you get off when renewing through Quidco!
                    Sue x

Looking for Hanmores in Kent, Blakers in Essex and Kent, Pickards in East London and Raisons in Somerset.

Comment

Vivienne, did you get a response? I haven't even had a refusal.

Comment

Not a word!
                        Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

Nope, still no response. My sub is due at the end of the month and I shall be cancelling it for now. Sadly, it's just too expensive. And if they're not even courteous enough to reply, I don't see why they should get my money!

Comment

Working...
                          X