Is the GRO behind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the GRO behind?

Does anybody please know if the GRO is up to date with certificates? .........I have a despatch date of 8th april.....I'm starting to search out the postman, he's now giving me funny looks.

Thanks
    Jean
    Jean....the mist is starting to clear

Perhaps they've had a surge in demand prior to the increase in fees... and still working on clearing it.

Comment

Here you go...

Scroll down on this link http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/ and you will see that despatch is an extra 5 days at the moment.

Comment

You will have plenty time to get know more than you might ever want to about your postman Jean LOL

GRO did issue a statement that they were running behind on delivery dates due to the huge amount of orders placed before the price leapt up.

All my posties know that I'm waiting for loads of certificates. I ordered 7 with an estimated dispatch date of 1 April and another 17 with a date of 6th April. To date, I've received only 2 from the first order. The first one arrived Saturday 10th and the second one on Monday 12th. There was nothing for me today. There's always tomorrow...
        Last edited by GallowayLass; 13-04-10, 16:38. Reason: typo

Comment

That's great ... I can stop stalking the postman .....

Why didn't I think to look on the GRO site (senior moment) ........ thanks to both of you
          Jean

Comment

I upset my postman this morning by telling him I'd ordered loads of certificates which will probably come in dribs and drabs over the next month!!!

At least I warned him!!!! lol

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Jean i,m still waiting for 3 despatch date 8th April. My last lot the despatch i was given was 29th March but on the paperwork sent with certs it said despatch 1st April i received them on the 9th.

Cherrytoo

Comment

I am waiting for 4, in fact i ordered some wrong the first time and I still have not heard from them about my refund.
                Fi, aka Wheelie Spice

Why not learn British Sign Language: BritishSignLanguage.com; An Online Guide to British Sign Language

Comment

I feel alot better now ......... thought I was all on my own ...... waiting.......lol.

Comment

you have it so good in england! it takes at least 2 weeks to get certs from england here in aus, and our posties dont do weekends!

Comment

The rest of my 1st order arrived in one fell swoop this morning. 2 wrong 'uns amongst them though, drat and double drat!! Back to the drawing board with my Stoke on Trent Harrisons :-(

Comment

My postman knew all about the April price increase for certs!!

(Told him he'd be up and down my path an extra 20 times this week.)

However, still waiting for the first one to turn up.

Jay
                        Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

UK residents waiting for post (such as certificates) should remember that much of the UK post goes by air now instead of by train or lorry.
                          Unless the Post Office is making alternative arrangements there could be delays caused by the Iceland volcano.
                          Cheers
                          Guy
                          Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

Still waiting for mine. Estimated despatch was the 9th April.
                            Sue ;)

Comment

I am also waiting and mine was estimated at 9th April so you are not alone.
                              Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Originally posted by Lin Fisher View Post
                                I am also waiting and mine was estimated at 9th April so you are not alone.
                                Thanks for replying Lin. Although wish they would get a move on.
                                Sue ;)

Comment

My consignment also had a despatch date of April 9th - nothing yet and the postie tiptoes past the gate, gazing fixedly at the bushes across the road.

Jay
                                  Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Me too, fed up of waiting!!
                                    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

My dispatch day was the 8th April I received it yesterday
                                      PAT

Comment

Originally posted by Guy View Post
                                        Unless the Post Office is making alternative arrangements there could be delays caused by the Iceland volcano.
                                        I read somewhere that some mail is being sent overland, but I'm not sure to and from which countries.

Comment

Working...
                                        X