Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This weeks missing rellie im looking for is ..... Jane Holden

Hi
    ive been forward this group, ive been doing my tree for years and never knew about this forum !

Ok...
    ill keep it short..

Im looking for anyone who might have a JANE HOLDEN in their tree ?She was born about 1805 in Manchester. I have her living with her husband John McCaslin & family in 1841

Need to find her marriage or birth

best wishes & thanks Joo
    Last edited by Guest; 12-04-10, 14:28.

Welcome to FTF, Joo!

Can I suggest you put this query on the Research Board and include the name HOLDEN in the heading. We have a member who is an expert on the HOLDENs in Lancashire and I'm sure she'll be interesed in your query! Good luck.

Anne

Comment

I'll move it across for you Joo and amend the title.

Welcome to Family Tree Forum.
      Elaine

Comment

Hello Joo and welcome to FTF!

I have literally thousands of Lancashire Holdens...but not this one I'm sorry to say. I take it you know her maiden name from the births of her children?

OC

Comment

Thank you everyone

Yes OC, I found out last week after almost throwing the towel in as most of the children were born before 1837. Then at last a registered birth in 1838.

Her eldest known child was born 1826, there is a marriage in Manchester between a Jane Holden & John McCassidy, but they dont exist on censuses, so i think that has been transcribed wrong on the IGI...and it gives no clue of where the marriage took place.

regards joo

Comment

Her eldest known child was born 1826, there is a marriage in Manchester between a Jane Holden & John McCassidy, but they dont exist on censuses, so i think that has been transcribed wrong on the IGI...and it gives no clue of where the marriage took place.
            I've found the one you probably mean - it just says Manchester, and it's a submitted entry, so much less reliable for genealogy purposes than an extraction.

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

i nooo and so flipping frustrating.... why do they boost your hopes up
              They could of possibly been married at Manchester Cathedral, but the archives are not available at MCL as they are having work done for the next 3 years ! :(

Comment

Working...
              X