Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How should I enter this in my FTM 2010 programme?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How should I enter this in my FTM 2010 programme?

Hi,
    I've got a bit of a scandal in my family and wondering how to enter it onto my FTM 2010 programme.
    D went to live with her great aunt and great uncle after her mother left her. Her great uncle made her pregnant and she gave birth to a son. D then later on married someone else and had other children.
    I'm going to enter the g uncle's name as being the father - but how do I do it? As I see it, on the FTM programme the only way I can do it is either enter it
    as Other -begin or Reference ID. What does the begin mean after the other?
    And what does Reference ID mean? Or is there some other way of entering the great uncle as the father? (his name is already on the tree having married his wife)

I'm going to bed soon, but will check any answers tomorrow sometime.

Thanks,
    Jan
    Last edited by Jan B; 11-04-10, 23:04.

I don't have FTM2010 but I have 2008.

Add the child to the mother and then be in the child record. Then attach a father to the relationship.

Or easier make a second marriage for the g uncle to D (attach spouse). Once that is done add the child. Then D's marriage can be added as a second marriage.
    You'll have to add notes to explain the situation but that is easier.

Hope that makes sense.
    Kit

Comment

Hi Kit,
      Thanks very much - I'll do it as a second marriage the way you suggested.

Comment

Another way?
        On the 'People' page add the Uncle as a spouse using the 'Person' tab, click on attach/detach person and then click on add spouse. You can then add the Uncle from the list of people in your tree that comes up.

Back on the 'People' page click on the mother and go to the 'Relationships' tab. Click on the Uncle, who will be shown as a spouse and a box appears on the right hand side that allows you to amend the nature of the relationship.

Hope that helps
        Chris
        Avatar....My darling mum, Irene June Robinson nee Pearson 1931-2019.

'Take nothing on its looks, take everything on evidence. There is no better rule' Charles Dickens, Great Expectations.

Comment

Hi Chris,
          Thanks very much for your help too - after fiddling about tonight for ages, getting stuff wrong, re-doing it all - I've finally managed to get it the way I want it!

Jan

Comment

Working...
          X