Question re FTM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question re FTM

Hi Everyone, I don't know if this can be done or not, but I had a virus in my computer and it appears to have done some damage to my FTM. I really need to start the FT all over again.

Can I copy say the information on 1 person and paste it into the new Tree?

Helen
    Helen from Australia

Researching Gosling, Hindmarsh, Jones, Norris, McDonald, Dunn, Spencer, Smith, Spengler, Grosert
    Australia, Essex, Little Holland, Clacton on Sea, Romford

What sort of damage do you think it has done to FTM.
    If you can open the file what sort of problems are you seeing?
    Elaine

Comment

Hi Elaine

The wrong partners have been paired up, there is duplicates and triplicates of the information and I was scared to delete the repeats incase it deleted all and I ended up with no information. I thought if I started again and cut and pasted what I knew was correct and then deleted the messed up tree.

Hope that makes sense.
      Helen from Australia

Researching Gosling, Hindmarsh, Jones, Norris, McDonald, Dunn, Spencer, Smith, Spengler, Grosert

Comment

Seems very strange to me that a virus might have done that sort of damage!
        No disrespect but sounds like human error!!! Have you recently merged trees, or merged information into your tree?
        Which version are you using - FTM 2006 / 2008 / 2010 ?
        How many people have you got in your tree - on other words - is it going to be a big job to start afresh?
        Elaine

Comment

Hi Elaine, I haven't done any work on my family tree for months and months. Thought it was time to get back into it and it was a mess, so I put it down to the virus. Not to worry, I think I will just print it out and start again. I use FTM 2008.
          Helen from Australia

Comment

Working...
          X