FTM 2010 probably a daft question ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM 2010 probably a daft question ?

This is probably me being silly but you know on FTM 2006 you have the dads info on the left ,the mums on the right and the marriage details underneath them ,then a list underneath for the children? in nice neat columns??
    Is it possible to do that on FTM 2010? as I hate the new layout .
    Thanks

You should see almost the same thing in 2010 although reduced in size.
    The main screen is usually made up of 4 sections - index of individuals on the left (red), pedigree chart top centre (blue), family group bottom centre (green) and data entry boxes on right (yellow).
    Your family group section is virtually the same as on previous versions of FTM, with parents at top and children listed underneath.

You can open or close any of these sections as you wish - so if you only want the family group sheet then close the other three sections!

Elaine

Comment

thanks Elaine didnt realise you could close the other boxes ?? I am always afraid to mess about in case I lose everything.

Comment

The left hand box - index of individuals - there is a little arrow at the top right hand corner of that section - if you hover over it you will see the words Open/close the left panel

The pedigree chart - just hover your mouse over the line that separates the pedigree chart from the family group sheet - you will get a double sided arrow appear which you can drag upwards so as to hide the pedigree chart.

Do the same with the data entry boxes on the right - hover the mouse of the line that divides that and the middle section - and just drag it across the screen.
        Elaine

Comment

thanks very much , if I want to open them again at some time do I do the same in reverse ???

Comment

Yep!
            Elaine

Comment

thanks again Elaine what would we do without you ??

Comment

Working...
              X