Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still trying to find Great Grandmothers death?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still trying to find Great Grandmothers death?

I have asked this before and had no luck this is the only Great Grandparents Death that alludes me .
    Any suggestions please
    Emily Kemp born 11 Dec 1857

37, Chester Mews Regents Park St Pancras

Parents Jesse Kemp and Mary Sperring

Baptism 7 Mar 1858 All Hallows Haringey Tottenham

Married Adam Muller 16 May 1877 in James the Great Bethnal Green

Adam died in 1892

Address in 1881 4 Ashtree Grove Wandsworth

in 1891 40 Nelson Street Mile End

According to a letter I have she had another baby called Thomas about 1895 dont know whether she had remarried first

You say another child - THOMAS- who might still have been wit her in 1901 . Young enough to still be at home?
    Jess

Comment

yes Jess I have a letter from Dr Barnados that says that at the time two daughters of Emily were sent to Canada in 1900 they had a half sibling a boy named Thomas aged 3 living with his Mother in 24 Cambridge Circus near Cambridge Heath Station but nobody could find her at that address in 1900.

Comment

Hi Val - did Emily have a middle initial that you know of? Have you got any idea why the children were sent to Barnado's and the actual date...or the actual date they were sent to Canada? (There is a site that is recording info of children that were sent to Canada).
        Last edited by naomiatt; 10-04-10, 05:37.

Comment

Hi Val - have you tried Tower Hamlets Archives to see who was living at the address from say 1899-1902...ask for 24 Cambridge Heath Road as well and not just 24 Cambridge Circus as an address. You could ask about 40 Nelson St as well. I found out recently that one of my ggm's lived in Cambridge Heath Rd.
          Maybe they knew each other!

Local History and Archives Library
          277 Bancroft Road
          El 4DQ

Local History: 020 7364 1290
          Archives: 020 7364 1289
          Fax: 020 7364 1292

Email: localhistory@towerhamlets.gov.uk.

Ever heard of a connection to Brighton? Deaths Mar 1928 Muller Emily 73 Brighton 2b 323
          Last edited by naomiatt; 10-04-10, 05:38.

Comment

I expect you have already looked but:
            I had a quick look in the 1911 census for Emily Muller, born 1857, and found only one close one, who was born in 1852 (living in St Pancras at the time). But this one is married.
            1901 - no results there as all Emily Mullers are married
            No luck on Free BMD or Free Reg, and the only marriage I could see (in case she re-married?) was in Wolverhampton in 1894
            Sorry, not much help :(
            J
            Am I related to Scott of the Antarctic? The hunt is on.
            http://www.symidream.com/scott/home.html
            My pages for families from Collin and Whittaker of Harlow to Cozens of Dorset to Soper of Cornwall and beyond…

Comment

hi Naomi and thanks for your reply I did find the girls in Canada and have their Marriages and Deaths and the Photos from Barnados in fact they were easier to find than their mum ? and thats where I got the info from that Emily had this child who was their half sibling .
              Its funny you mention Brighton as I did find a Thomas born about the right time who died in Worthing which is quite close ,wonder if Emily moved there ?? Thanks
              James its really nice of you to try thanks very much I suppose anything is possible and she could have got remarried in Wolverhampton ?

Comment

Working...
              X