Trying to Locate Carnes Family???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to Locate Carnes Family???

I have got the death certificate on Bomar Carnes from GA, Born Mar 19, 1869 in Barto Co. Ga. Died 12-3-1943 in Rossville GA. it states his Dad was William Carnes born in GA, and Mother was Vinie Conway born in GA. Shows his wife as Mary Sprayberry Carnes.

Have not been able to find anything else about this family, and looking for some help please???

On Lloyds (My grandfather I never knew) his brother Luther has a draft card that states his nearest relative is Mary Virginia Carnes?? on Death Cert is states mother as Mary Strayberry?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. You can email me at: rdpope@farmerstel.com

Hi - have you been able to find anything in census records? http://www.accessgenealogy.com/census/georgia1900.htm

Comment

Yes, it only shows up in 1920 Fed Cenus, but not much info after or before this at all??

Comment

I think Footnote have free access to the 1930 census at the moment...
        "A few weeks ago, we granted all visitors to Footnote free access to the Interactive Census Collection. Due to the positive response we received, we have decided to keep this collection open to the public through the month of April" - I've sent the link to your private e mail address.
        Have you had any luck in trying to find the marriage certs for any of them or burial info for the parents..guess that's why you're posting so poss a silly question! Is it poss that Luther also married a Mary?
        Last edited by naomiatt; 09-04-10, 01:13.

Comment

Is this family connected to you? http://linktotheworld.net/cusac/newsletter9.htm
          By googling Mary Virginia Carnes, a few come up. Also noticed that you have more info from other forum's..
          Might be easier to consolidate the info that you already have so people can see what you already know.
          e.g obituaries in Chattanooga and Hamilton County for Bomar and the poss obit for Molly Mary V in
          Walker County

http://iis.timesfreepress.com/archive/index.asp and

Last edited by naomiatt; 09-04-10, 01:31.

Comment

Didn't know how to take and put the 2 post together, but her is the story. Lloyd Carnes is my Grandfather, He died when my Dad was 2 years old and Dad never learned anything about them. Lloyd Carnes married Odell Gray in 1935 in Walker County GA. I have found his Grave and his Brothers Grave Luther E Carnes in Walker County Ga, have the obit on Bomar, but nothing on Mary or Mollie not sure which is which or the same. I have not been able to find the birth or death cert on Lloyd,but am trying to keep searching for this and any other information on my lost family.

Bomar would be my Great Grandfather and I have his and Luthers Death Cert, but not Loyd. Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated as I have run into a stone wall on this. Just now checked my email and I have not received anything yet.

Thank you so much for your help.

Comment

Hi - just tried a direct e mail to you with that Footnote offer.
              Do the gravestones provide any info for Lloyd and Luther....e.g ages, spouses, family names etc etc
              Is it poss to find out who arranged their burials from the cemetery?
              I wonder if Luther married a Mary?
              Have you had a chance to look through the above sites as yet? and have you tried -

I can't quite see how to get to the Times newspaper database -
              Name CARNES, MARY V. MOLLIE.
              Date JULY 24 1951
              Name CARNES, MARY.
              Date OCT. 21 1950
              Newspaper TIMES
              Name CARNES, BOMAR.
              Date DEC. 3 1943
              Newspaper TIMES

Are you based in the US? They have a number you can call.

Try this site as well - http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/
              Last edited by naomiatt; 09-04-10, 06:23.

Comment

Thanks, got the email, off to work for now will try this when I get back home and let you know. Thanks for your advice I really appreciate it very much.

Comment

I have found Gravesites for Luther, 2-12-1900 to 1-12-1921, and Lloyd 7-12-1916 to 1-8-1939. Bomar Carnes, 3-19-1869 to 12-3-1943 their Dad is buried in the same cementary as his son Luther, but no marker of any kind is there. I called the Church where he is buried at and they told me yes they have him on record but no info how or where everyone is buried. On Bomars death cert, it list Father-William Carnes born Ga, and Mother-Vinie Conway born Ga and Mary Sprayberry Carnes was his wife. I have called both of the places that took care of these funerals and none have any records that go back that far. I have found them only on the 1920 Census?

I have Bomars obit, but it does not offer any more information other than his Brother Jim Carnes, not able to find him either. I got the obit on Bomar from the Times newspaper, and will order the other 2, Mary and Mary V and see what they may turn up.

HUSBAND:
                  CARNES Age: 21 Book/page: 11-438 FULL NAME: LLOYD CARNES
                  M-Date: 09-30-1935 WIFE: ODELL GRAY Her Age: 20 REC Date: 09-25-1935 W/Maiden: GRAY

Comment

Hi - hopefully Mary and Mary V will provide further info for you..look forward to seeing what the info says.

Comment

Working...
                    X